Need 8" of rear lift.....no blocks if possible

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009 | 08:28 PM
I have an 03 Ford Excursion, I put a 3 and a half inch super lift springs in the frount lift kit. The lift kit came with a inch and a half block and I didn't think that was going to be high enough so I what went with a 2 inch block. 2 inch block the rear still sagged so I went to a 3 and my rear is still sagging. Any clue why this is happening? Never twoed a lot with the truck. Noticed that the truck didn't come to the factory with the overload spring, do you think I should go with a 5" block to level the truck? Can I stack a 3 inch block and a 2 inch block one block is made by super lift and the other by trail master. I know I will have to get longer shocks.

Thanks, it'd be appriciative if I could get a reponse to this.

Old 01-27-2009 | 07:48 PM
My bro has 12 inch national leaf springs on his truck and they ride like crap. Stiff is an understatement.

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:22 PM
|
Originally Posted by sbchris
My bro has 12 inch national leaf springs on his truck and they ride like crap. Stiff is an understatement.
What specs did he order? They make their springs progressive if you ask them too. Are his progressive or equal length? I use the bed of my truck so I can't just use a soft riding pack. Give me some other options. Deaver is all about soft ride and flex but no towing capability from what I understand. Who would you reccomend?

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Deaver, Atlas, and national will all build you pretty much any leaf pack you want, with probably any specs you want. Alchemy has national springs that i beleive he is very happy with, you might contact him to see what specs he ordered. Of the three though i hear much more about deaver and atlas than i do national.

Old 01-28-2009 | 02:33 AM
He has a progressive pack. It looks impressive as hell when you look at them, every leaf is a different length, but it is just too stiff.

I've heard of deaver being really popular in the pre-runner scene and national in the bigger street truck lifted scene.

Old 01-28-2009 | 11:37 AM
|
I PM'd Alchemy to see what he has to say.

Looks like I'm going with National at this point and I'll just have to stress to them that i need it to be a softer progressive to tow light loads. That way I can still tow heavy stuff if I need to but with minimal sag. It's not that often that I do tow but I don't want mt tires to rub the fenders when I do. They will be 38x15.5's so I don't believe they will slide into the wells.

Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: Need 8" of rear lift.....no blocks if possible