Done my research now looking for help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done my research now looking for help!

Before any ask I have looked for this topic on here. Can't find anything with this setup. I am new to the F150 world but not to Jeeps. I am wanting to get this lift: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...1%7C240%3A1318
Sorry for the long link. Now I want it to be level, and it depends on the gap difference in the front and rear. mine is 2", also on a 2wd what are the biggest tires I can fit on stock 04 lariat wheels? I appreciate the help in advance.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by armyf150
Before any ask I have looked for this topic on here. Can't find anything with this setup. I am new to the F150 world but not to Jeeps. I am wanting to get this lift: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...1%7C240%3A1318
Sorry for the long link. Now I want it to be level, and it depends on the gap difference in the front and rear. mine is 2", also on a 2wd what are the biggest tires I can fit on stock 04 lariat wheels? I appreciate the help in advance.
I'd go with the 2" Autospring leveling kit for about $80 to 100 buck's then see how she sit's and then add to the rear if needed. A 285x65x18 which is close to 33 inches tall will fit after truck is leveled. BFG and I think Nitto make's this size. By the way Welcome to the site.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks I appreciate it. Look forward to learning more and work on the new truck!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
That looks like something sold on Fat Bob's Garage. Check out their website. They've got several different models to chose from. For the price, that is a pretty good deal since it also includes the add-a-leaf. I ran a coil spring spacer & add-a-leaf for about a year, and I liked it. With that set-up, you'll be able to comfortably fit 33" tires on your stock rims. You've owned Jeeps, so I'm guessing you know a little something about suspension. I trust that you'll do your homework, explore what the market has to offer, and then decide on what's best for you.....as opposed to just jumping on the band wagon of buying the cheapest block of metal because people said to do it.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah I want to spend money on my truck but not just throw it away. I have read a lot of people are having problems doing the 3" lifts. I tried to do a little more searching and most have been with the 4wd's. I have a 2wd so I am not as worried about it, just hate trying to get angles right with the ds. Thanks again for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Done my research now looking for help!