12 inch & 40's????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009 | 10:59 AM
Just thought I'd drop in to tell y'all that body lifts suck.

How about a body lift sub-forum?

Old 01-24-2009 | 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
this is annoying that that dude got these threads moved. i never look in the aftermarket suspension section.

bummer.
your tellin me... i came back after a 15hour shift and all the threads were gone. this is fairly stupid.

All thats gonna happen is people are gona post the same things as usual and there wont be enough MODS around to move and lock it and it will go back to the way it was.

OH WELL.

Anyways cant wait to see some pics in this forum of these trucks that are getting lifted. I think theres 3 guys that are contimplatin this setup. So how far along are yall.

Old 01-24-2009 | 12:24 PM
I placed my order for the 12" Rize early last week and I should have it within the next 3 weeks. The Bilstein 5100's front and rear as well as the brake line kit are coming with it. I will be placing my order with National Springs for my custom 12" leaf pack in about a week and I will have it within 2 weeks after I order it. My wheels and tires will be ordered within the next 2 weeks and I should have them in 3. If all goes well, and my fingers are crossed, I should have the install complete by the 22nd of February to include the new gears and drive shafts......

.....and then the asthetic customizing begins. New front valance, step bars, mirror caps, bull bar comes off and new one-off light brackets go on, fender vents, painted fender flares and maybe some other stuff. Should have all that done by the middle of March. Still trying to decide on all the little details.

Like I said before, I'll post pics and keep you updated for many miles to come so you, 4.2trimble, can laugh at the things I break along the way and so everyone else can appreciate the beast my truck has become and enjoy her for all her glorious beauty!

I believe that the guy who originally started this thread said he was in Afghanistan so he obviously hasn't done anything to his truck yet. Was there anybody else seriously contemplating this? I know there was another thread that went on for a while from a guy trying to put 40's on his 8" Rize boosted to 10.5" but I don't remember another 12" Rize thread.

How far along are you with your SAS upgrade 4.2trimble? You gonna post pics and keep us up to dat on all the ***** you break along the way? When you gonna get rid of that little six and drop a v8 with some real power in it?

Old 01-24-2009 | 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by tlt008
I placed my order for the 12" Rize early last week and I should have it within the next 3 weeks. The Bilstein 5100's front and rear as well as the brake line kit are coming with it. I will be placing my order with National Springs for my custom 12" leaf pack in about a week and I will have it within 2 weeks after I order it. My wheels and tires will be ordered within the next 2 weeks and I should have them in 3. If all goes well, and my fingers are crossed, I should have the install complete by the 22nd of February to include the new gears and drive shafts......

.....and then the asthetic customizing begins. New front valance, step bars, mirror caps, bull bar comes off and new one-off light brackets go on, fender vents, painted fender flares and maybe some other stuff. Should have all that done by the middle of March. Still trying to decide on all the little details.

Like I said before, I'll post pics and keep you updated for many miles to come so you, 4.2trimble, can laugh at the things I break along the way and so everyone else can appreciate the beast my truck has become and enjoy her for all her glorious beauty!

I believe that the guy who originally started this thread said he was in Afghanistan so he obviously hasn't done anything to his truck yet. Was there anybody else seriously contemplating this? I know there was another thread that went on for a while from a guy trying to put 40's on his 8" Rize boosted to 10.5" but I don't remember another 12" Rize thread.

How far along are you with your SAS upgrade 4.2trimble? You gonna post pics and keep us up to dat on all the ***** you break along the way? When you gonna get rid of that little six and drop a v8 with some real power in it?
OK sounds good. In every way possible i still like the fact that we are still seeing more lifted trucks here then lowered.

The SAS is underway, ive got the axles, tires, and wheels coming from NY. The gears are already installed. I still need leaf springs 12" Superlift Springs or maybe a custom 15" Pack. The truck is going to a Shop in tarpon springs FL to have the welding done. I can weld but im gonna let a pro do this project. The v6 will stay until the v8 goes in. Its gonna be a L 5.4L with the Eaton M112. I have the motor, just got to finish paying for it.

Ive thrown the idea around of powder coating the axles and suspension white to match the truck, but the truck is gonna get painted flat black so ive decided against that.

Ill be starting a thread fairly soon once i get the parts in.

And ill DEFFINITELY post pics of the crap i broke on my old setup, and the crap i will break on the new setup.

Old 01-25-2009 | 01:58 AM
Well, here is my input from my experience with the Rize 12' Lift and MT 40X13.50 Baja Claws. I installed the lift myself with some help from my friend Joe. He did the rear while I worked on the front. From my experience with the parts from the Rize kit....they are freaking beefy, and this is coming from a Soldier in pretty decent shape. When I completed the lift I was sore as hell for a couple of days because the parts themselves are freaking big and heavy. The lift was installed December of 2007 with 12356 miles on the Truck....Today I have over 26000 miles on it. I've driven the Truck to South Texas and by South Texas I mean the Rio Grande Valley, Sullivan City, Texas to be exact, right on the border of Texas and Mexico. It's over a 1300 mile trip just to get there from Fort Knox, Kentucky. Anyways, the Truck handled very well and to this day I have had no problems with the Truck. When I ordered the Kit from Top Gun Customz I got the new front Driveshaft to go with it. I ordered the rear extended brake line from Crown Performance, This company makes the lines that come with the front Rize Kit. The gears on the truck are 4.88's that I bought and had installed at 4 wheel parts. I'm kind of paranoid so I have the Truck inspected thoroughly at my local Ford dealership every time I change my oil and nothing has broken. I've driven the Truck through some tough ruts and a 12 inches of snow and the Truck has performed well and aside from the lift, the Truck is stock. I do recommend extending the rear Driveshaft though; other than that my Truck gets a lot of praise and a lot of double takes. I have received offers from people to buy it...some lady even chased me down on a busy street and offered to buy it... No lie. From my experience with the 12' Rize kit.... this kit is no joke and well worth the money. Now this is my experience and my opinion, Take it for what it's worth.

Old 01-25-2009 | 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by aflores61
Well, here is my input from my experience with the Rize 12' Lift and MT 40X13.50 Baja Claws. I installed the lift myself with some help from my friend Joe. He did the rear while I worked on the front. From my experience with the parts from the Rize kit....they are freaking beefy, and this is coming from a Soldier in pretty decent shape. When I completed the lift I was sore as hell for a couple of days because the parts themselves are freaking big and heavy. The lift was installed December of 2007 with 12356 miles on the Truck....Today I have over 26000 miles on it. I've driven the Truck to South Texas and by South Texas I mean the Rio Grande Valley, Sullivan City, Texas to be exact, right on the border of Texas and Mexico. It's over a 1300 mile trip just to get there from Fort Knox, Kentucky. Anyways, the Truck handled very well and to this day I have had no problems with the Truck. When I ordered the Kit from Top Gun Customz I got the new front Driveshaft to go with it. I ordered the rear extended brake line from Crown Performance, This company makes the lines that come with the front Rize Kit. The gears on the truck are 4.88's that I bought and had installed at 4 wheel parts. I'm kind of paranoid so I have the Truck inspected thoroughly at my local Ford dealership every time I change my oil and nothing has broken. I've driven the Truck through some tough ruts and a 12 inches of snow and the Truck has performed well and aside from the lift, the Truck is stock. I do recommend extending the rear Driveshaft though; other than that my Truck gets a lot of praise and a lot of double takes. I have received offers from people to buy it...some lady even chased me down on a busy street and offered to buy it... No lie. From my experience with the 12' Rize kit.... this kit is no joke and well worth the money. Now this is my experience and my opinion, Take it for what it's worth.

Hell yeah! some real experience!

4.2trimble, im just messin with ya i dont plan on doing any more suspension mods for my truck except for camburgs and kings. all powder coated white of course!

Old 01-25-2009 | 10:02 AM
no doubt in my mind RIZE makes great products.

good info. post more pics if you can.

Old 01-25-2009 | 11:06 AM
That's awesome to hear man! Everybody has has or had a Rize kit says the same thing! I have nothing but confidence in the company!

On a sadder note.....

A member that also lives in MD, like I do, recently informed me that he has been ticketed for his truck, which has a Rize 8" and 37's, for it being higher than the state allows. I am doing some research now and it may cause me to go with the 8" instead. I daily drive it and can't afford to get harassed all the time for it not conforming to the state's retarded lift laws. I'll keep you posted with what I figure out.

Old 02-01-2009 | 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by MitchF150
IMO, it'll make a nice show truck... It'll get down the road just fine on pavement... You'll 'look down on me', but I'll be laughing and shaking my head side to side at you at the same time! ha, ha!

If you are looking for show, then great! I don't think I'd expect anything 'but' breakage if you do any bogging or serious off road hill climbing....

Man, I wish I had $$ to blow like that!! ha, ha!

Mitch

Mitch,
Alot of people will do the same when looking at your trailer. Its a preference thing, his truck/your trailer.

Hey I like a nice lift cant afford 12inches, but I can pay for a nice hotel anywhere I go but also RESPECT the freedom there is involved in taking a trailer.

Quick Reply: 12 inch & 40's????