More bilstein questions...4WP claims

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009 | 08:24 PM
|
More bilstein questions...4WP claims

So I call 4WP today to price the Bilsteins from them and see if they would install the 5100 which can adjust to 2inches extra and they said (1) YES they will install them (2) they claim the Bilstein will not give me this extra 2 inches up front which many other members have gotten. Also they say the alignment will be so bad after it is done that it will completely trash all the components in my steering and possibly suspension. I think this is BS since many other people have done it and claim no problems but is what they say true at all?? I know they have been known for "blowing smoke" before.

Please help

Old 01-24-2009 | 08:54 PM
It is odd they would tell you this! I've got the 5100 Leveling struts with matched rear shocks and can assure you the front is level!

Infact I did the install myself and can vouch the front struts have two different grooves in the strut body that give either stock position or 2" of lift for the Spring seat! There is another version of the Bilstein 5100 that offers 0, 1, and 2", but essentially they are the same strut and DO offer 2" of lift!

The only thing I can think of why they are telling you they wont lift is they got the wrong bilstien in question?

At this point... Id personally go somewhere else to get the struts! I got mine at Top Gunz Custom.... http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=241174944

Its not all that hard to install... you just need a strut compressor to get the coil off and on the struts! An Alignment will be necessary after the install, but shouldn't be undoable!
Hope this info helps

Cheers

Nem

Last edited by Nemisus; 01-24-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2009 | 08:55 PM
Another example of a 4Wheel Parts employee showing their stupidity.

Old 01-25-2009 | 12:21 AM
After the install it went right on the alignment machine. It was out of spec, but it wasn't off that much. Just the toe needed a slight adjustment. The camber was fine.

Old 01-25-2009 | 07:39 PM
|
I figured that it was just something they didnt recommend but its still bad that they would try and push my mind off of a product which i could have purchased from them. oh well i will just have to take my business to another place where they are willing to help me.

thanks guys

i will let you know once its down with posted pics!!!!

Old 01-26-2009 | 11:36 PM
I personally don't know what is wrong with 4wp. They only seem to be able to call me back on quotes a third of the time and, like you white, they seem to be misinformed at times.

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:02 AM
4wp is like a Walmart for 4wd stuff.

Old 01-28-2009 | 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by bullitt5244
4wp is like a Walmart for 4wd stuff.
It all depends on the location. I happen to live by a Walmart with a pretty good service bay. Considering that they only really do light work, I would trust those guys completely to rotate my tires & change the oil. The guys at that location are "car guys" with their own modded cars & trucks parked right by the service bays, and seem to know a thing or two. At my local 4 Wheel Parts Performance Center, those guys drive lifted trucks & jeeps, and have a little first hand knowledge as to what works & doesn't. Not everybody that works for them across the board is an idiot. But it's like with every other business that gets that big; it's hard to maintain quality control. A couple of dummies give everybody a bad name. Just like crooked cops. All it takes is 1, to make the entire department look bad.

Old 01-28-2009 | 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Fifty150
It all depends on the location. I happen to live by a Walmart with a pretty good service bay. Considering that they only really do light work, I would trust those guys completely to rotate my tires & change the oil. The guys at that location are "car guys" with their own modded cars & trucks parked right by the service bays, and seem to know a thing or two. At my local 4 Wheel Parts Performance Center, those guys drive lifted trucks & jeeps, and have a little first hand knowledge as to what works & doesn't. Not everybody that works for them across the board is an idiot. But it's like with every other business that gets that big; it's hard to maintain quality control. A couple of dummies give everybody a bad name. Just like crooked cops. All it takes is 1, to make the entire department look bad.
x2 on that

Quick Reply: More bilstein questions...4WP claims