Leveler, Autospring, Shocks......school a newbie/probie/novice/greenie

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009 | 04:50 PM
|
Leveler, Autospring, Shocks......school a newbie/probie/novice/greenie

I usually go the other direction when it comes to mods so lifting/leveling is relatively a new thing for me. I understand the leveling kit and just want to know whats the best one out there....from the posts I've read the Autospring set up sounds like the way to go but exactly what is it?

I have seen a post or two about changing out the shocks to Bilsteins. Does this need any other part besides the shocks?

What are my options as far as leveling my my 05 XLT SCab? My mind is a blank slate, school me. Well it's pretty much a blank slate all the time.

Old 01-28-2009 | 10:05 PM
The Autospring leveling kit is basically a metal spacer that bolts on top of your coilover shock assembly to lift the front of the truck a couple inches. This is the least expensive way to lift the front and level the truck.
Another option is the Bilstein shocks. These feature adjustalbe spring preload so you can raise the front of the truck. This is a better option because you gain a better shock. TO install them, basically you remove your coilover shocks, take the coilsprings off and install them on the Bilstiens with the desired preload and then mount them on the truck. It takes a heavy duty coilspring compressor to remove the coilsprings.

Old 01-28-2009 | 10:13 PM
lift it 12 inches

Old 01-28-2009 | 10:57 PM
|
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
lift it 12 inches
Errr....sweet ride but thanks, but no thanks. If I did that my next mod would be a bolt on escalator because I'm short. And again, thanks Wandell, do you have your own shop up there in Cairo?

Old 01-29-2009 | 01:01 PM
Nope, I'm a police officer.

Old 01-29-2009 | 02:40 PM
I have a hell bent leveling kit off ebay, it seems to work fine with easy install. Basically a leveling kit amounts to changing a strut, you go about it the same way and when you drop your strut out the leveling kit bolts right to the top of the strut. works great i think

Quick Reply: Leveler, Autospring, Shocks......school a newbie/probie/novice/greenie