THANK GOD for cops..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06yz250f, I agree with you. WHO GIVES A FLYING !!!! ABOUT ALL THE LEGAL SMEGAL STUFF.

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE A IDIOT TO NOT WANT A FREE OR CHEAP LIFT???

NOBODY CAN SIT THERE AND TELL ME THAT THEY WOULDNT TAKE IT.

Even if you don't want a lift for your truck, you would most likely be able to sell it for more than what you paid for it. Especially if it was free.

Last edited by Bluejay; 02-01-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: circumventing language filter
Old 02-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by 2005_SilverF150
WHO GIVES A FLYING FnCK!!!! ABOUT ALL THE LEGAL SMEGAL STUFF.

Especially if it was free.

Fixed it for ya. Now when someone steals your wheels you can keep this thread in mind .

Old 02-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
If he was caught with drugs the police can seize his property because he owes taxes on the drugs that were seized.

What, taxes on drugs? Yes. The federal government taxes illegal drugs, and the only way to pay those taxes is to bring the drugs for measurement so the proper taxes can be paid. Want to talk about shady?

When drug dealers/users get busted the cops can confiscate personal property that they will then sell off to pay the taxes owed.

Fair? No. Law? Yes.

- NCSU
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Truck is still being sold to cover taxes. Now I don't know exactly how much the police can confiscate. Maybe the guy only had $1000 worth of drugs, way less than his truck is worth, maybe it was way more, we don't know and I'm not a lawyer.

- NCSU
Who or where does it say anything about taxes ?? The government can seize criminal's vehicles for many different reasons, not just drug tax.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Suspended
***ONLY*** in liberal America would a thread like this actualy get derailed by people sympathetic to the drug dealer! Unbelievable.

Crying that it isn't fair?

He broke the law, and was selling drugs. Drugs that often end up with kids, and/or ruining lives and families. He knew that ahead of time when he decided to deal drugs.

The penalties are not secrets.

I have ZERO sympathy for the smuck, or his truck. It should be dismantled, sold, auctioned, or whatever. But the guy EARNED this ownage...fair and square- LEGAL, and FAIR.

"just got to pay for the uninstall and swapping out from my truck to his..so it can go get sold at the auction" - The guy isn't stealing it, or being shady. They are returning the truck to stock because modified vehicles fetch LESS at auctions of that type.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog'em
Who or where does it say anything about taxes ?? The government can seize criminal's vehicles for many different reasons, not just drug tax.
Originally Posted by mainguy21
..for busting drug dealers, haha..
You can't just seize somebody's property without cause even if they've broken the law. When you get pulled for speeding, does the cop take your truck? Yes there could be other reasons for seizing the truck, like if he was using the vehicle to transport drugs, but they sell it to pay the taxes owed.

The way the police are legally allowed to seize and sell property of drug dealers is actually tax evasion. The police are allowed to seize and sell the property of the convicted to pay off the taxes.

http://www.dornc.com/taxes/usub/usubrates.html

For example, if someone is caught with a kilo of cocaine, at $50/gram tax rate, he would owe $50,000 in taxes. In NC, since he didn't pay the taxes to begin with, it's a 140% penalty, plus interest (not sure how they calculate the interest) but now we're looking at $120,000 penalty.

Lumadar: I don't think anyone said anything in defense of the drug dealer. It just seems a little wrong that this guy is getting freebies from a public agency just because of where his wife works. Nobody said, "Let the drug dealer go and give his truck back". The lift should be taken off the truck and sold separately. Ever seen one of these sites?

https://www.ncstatesurplus.com/ssp/p..._bid_dates.asp

That's where the lift should be going. Just like how NC sells aftermarket wheels and tires separately, they don't just give them away to friends and family.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 02-01-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I say take what you want and sell the truck, the liberal tards above can bite a big one.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 AM
man only in texass can **** like that happen in CALI we would get our **** back.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:35 AM
OMG...... I cannot believe this is going like this.

1st off... who cares????

The dude gets a free lift kit - he pays for the uninstall and re-install - That is no deal.
The labor alone for uninstall practically pays for the cost of a used lift kit. I say more
power to him - great catch.

Who cares about the guy that got busted - you do the crime you do the time! He get's
what he gets and that is the WAY it is.

Show PICS of your truck when you get the lift installed and grats!

Old 02-01-2009, 10:52 AM
why is everyone trying to play good samaritan? who cars how he gets the lift, im jealous.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 2005_SilverF150
06yz250f, I agree with you.
Originally Posted by BlkButy
1st off... who cares????
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
why is everyone trying to play good samaritan? who cars how he gets the lift, im jealous.
^^^ real truck lovers.

everybody else is haters and just pissed they aint getting ****!!

Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by tlt008

Let some cop offer me a free lift and see if I don't take it!!!! IN A HEARTBEAT!!!
^^^ Sam here Free is Free. Especially form the cops.

Did you happen to swap the 35s out also.

For the cops to seize your ride you he most likely had more than $1000 in drugs. (depending on your state laws) He Probably had few kilos of cocaine or lots and lots of pills. Plus When he gets out I'm sure he will be able to buy a new truck and another lift.

There was a lady here in Michigan who bought a seized car from auction. The gas tank never seemed to hold a full tank of gas. Come to find out there was something like $80,000 Cash wrapped up in the tank. She got to keep all of it.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Just to clarify......

I'm no frickin panzy *** liberal. I am a multiple gun owning, Republican voting Army veteran!

I could care less that the drug dealers truck got seized. He deserved it for breaking the law! I made it clear that I would take a free lift too! My quam is with mr. lawman possibly breaking the laws he is paid to enforce! I say possibly because nobody knows if he really is breaking any laws. Just like nobody here knows if this guy is paying for the lift. Just like nobody knows why the sheriff is allowing him to take the lift off. You knuckleheads are only assuming that it's because they know the truck will get more at auction w/out it.

Nobody is defending the drug dealer here you 'tards!

Old 02-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well said.

- NCSU

Old 02-01-2009, 12:08 PM
omg listen to some of you " oh no the poor drug dealer is losing his truck". who cares? he knew getting into selling drugs what could happen. i think once you break certain laws you should lose your rights. thats whats wrong with the USA today. you kill an entire family and they give you 3 meals, a bed and a couple hours to play outside. depending on your situation, that could be a better life than what they had

Old 02-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Awesome! Another subscribable.

Quick Reply: THANK GOD for cops..