THANK GOD for cops..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for the love of donuts, yall are ruining a very important day in this guys relationship with his truck

Old 02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I take a fair share of pens and post-it notes from the supply shelf at work, and I would take a free lift if they had one too!

Lifted trucks don't sell as easy as they used to. Something about lifted trucks and mpg issues with our current state of the economy? I'd be willing to bet they make more at auction selling the truck without the lift installed.

To the OP. Congrats on the deal. I look forward to seeing some pictures!

And wouldn't it be funny if said drug dealer was a member of f150online.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by rednoved
I take a fair share of pens and post-it notes from the supply shelf at work, and I would take a free lift if they had one too!

Lifted trucks don't sell as easy as they used to. Something about lifted trucks and mpg issues with our current state of the economy? I'd be willing to bet they make more at auction selling the truck without the lift installed.

To the OP. Congrats on the deal. I look forward to seeing some pictures!

And wouldn't it be funny if said drug dealer was a member of f150online.
HAHAHA that would be funny....

Hey Main.......ask your wife to ask the Sheriff to ask the drug dealer if he is a member of f150online.com and see what his sn is if that's the case!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
for the love of donuts, yall are ruining a very important day in this guys relationship with his truck
I smirked about your post earlier in this thread about everyone missing the point etc. but this one made me chuckle.

I'm honestly surprised about how many people on here appear to love paying taxes. The dude's gettin' a deal and another f150 will successfully be lifted. That makes all of us f150 guys winners, doesn't it?

Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Indo
The dude's gettin' a deal and another f150 will successfully be lifted. That makes all of us f150 guys winners, doesn't it?

Old 02-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by floorit
omg listen to some of you " oh no the poor drug dealer is losing his truck".
Please show me one post that says that.

- NCSU

Old 02-01-2009, 03:14 PM
This guy is getting a free lift. His truck is gonna be SWEET. Ya'll need to get over it.

To the guys that are mad, if you need some vagisil or something, walmarts got it for you, quit your b*tchin.

Get that lift on there, I might have mine before you soon.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I am disappointed with most of the relpies posted about this thread. I am NOT, I repeat... Not defending a suspected drug dealer. Just pointing out the less than ethical way the OP is getting his lift. Trust me when I say I get my more than fair share of screaming deals on F150 parts and mods. The difference is my hookup is not the police dept but a relative that passes on his discount at a local dismantler. Part of me is bothered how some here would take advantage of the questionable deal. I hope the OP posts an update to shed some light on the scenario.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:33 PM
congrats !!!! what else they want to return for stock? hahahahahaha!!!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
You can't just seize somebody's property without cause even if they've broken the law. When you get pulled for speeding, does the cop take your truck? Yes there could be other reasons for seizing the truck, like if he was using the vehicle to transport drugs, but they sell it to pay the taxes owed.

The way the police are legally allowed to seize and sell property of drug dealers is actually tax evasion. The police are allowed to seize and sell the property of the convicted to pay off the taxes.

For example, if someone is caught with a kilo of cocaine, at $50/gram tax rate, he would owe $50,000 in taxes. In NC, since he didn't pay the taxes to begin with, it's a 140% penalty, plus interest (not sure how they calculate the interest) but now we're looking at $120,000 penalty.

It just seems a little wrong that this guy is getting freebies from a public agency just because of where his wife works. The lift should be taken off the truck and sold separately.

That's where the lift should be going. - NCSU

NCSU, The Drug Tax is only a very small part, if any of all State or Federal asset forfeiture. You're correct that most states have a tax base for illegal drugs but most don't or won't enforce it unless it's a last ditch effort. Having worked for many years in criminal prosecution, I've seen the government seize assets for just about anything, not just to pay tax.

I do agree with you that anything that comes with or off of seized property should be offered at public auction. If I were him I don't think I'd be getting to exited just yet. He may find out that there is more to it than he thinks.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Suspended
yall need to stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the
journey!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:36 PM
X2!!! The guy is getting the lift end of story.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
haha jesus christ i make a thread before i go out to work and comeback and its like a show of judge judy, let me clarify everything for the "legal students" that are alittle pO'ed..

My wife calls me and tells me "hey were having this auction for all the cars and trucks that got impounded this month, let some people know about it so we can sell a good amount" i said ok check if theres any 04-06 trucks there so i can buy some parts off of em, she later tells me that theres been a lifted truck there thats been there for quite awhile, from a guy who got busted with dwi and drugs.." I ASK THEM HOW MUCH FOR THE LIFT, they said "whatever" but you have TO PAY FOR THE LABOR TO TAKE ON AND OFF" I SAID PERFECT..the exact mount is..945.50..which is fine with me..like someone else posted thats still probably more or the same price for a used lift..and in matter of fact, im going to get the lift, put it in storage and put it on when i get cash to get gears, cause i have a 4.6 and it will drive like a snail..but let me ask you this to all the guys that saying im stealing or whatever.."IF SOMEONE ASKED YOU WANNA BUY A LIFT FOR THIS MUCH BUT JUST PAY FOR THIS AND THIS" would you say NO? id call bluff on that 9/10..youre not going to say OH NOO LET ME BUY THE WHOLE TRUCK AND TAKE THE LIFT OFF AND THEEEEN RESELL IT WITHOUT IT..hahahaha suure

Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by mainguy21
haha jesus christ i make a thread before i go out to work and comeback and its like a show of judge judy, let me clarify everything for the "legal students" that are alittle pO'ed..

My wife calls me and tells me "hey were having this auction for all the cars and trucks that got impounded this month, let some people know about it so we can sell a good amount" i said ok check if theres any 04-06 trucks there so i can buy some parts off of em, she later tells me that theres been a lifted truck there thats been there for quite awhile, from a guy who got busted with dwi and drugs.." I ASK THEM HOW MUCH FOR THE LIFT, they said "whatever" but you have TO PAY FOR THE LABOR TO TAKE ON AND OFF" I SAID PERFECT..the exact mount is..945.50..which is fine with me..like someone else posted thats still probably more or the same price for a used lift..and in matter of fact, im going to get the lift, put it in storage and put it on when i get cash to get gears, cause i have a 4.6 and it will drive like a snail..but let me ask you this to all the guys that saying im stealing or whatever.."IF SOMEONE ASKED YOU WANNA BUY A LIFT FOR THIS MUCH BUT JUST PAY FOR THIS AND THIS" would you say NO? id call bluff on that 9/10..youre not going to say OH NOO LET ME BUY THE WHOLE TRUCK AND TAKE THE LIFT OFF AND THEEEEN RESELL IT WITHOUT IT..hahahaha suure
your truck won't drive like a snail with the 4.6. get a custom tune and it will be faster than it is now or at least equally as fast. come to the meet march 7 at galveston and ill let you drive my truck so you can get an idea what custom tunes will do.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
your truck won't drive like a snail with the 4.6. get a custom tune and it will be faster than it is now or at least equally as fast. come to the meet march 7 at galveston and ill let you drive my truck so you can get an idea what custom tunes will do.
sounds good sir, ill see what i can do..thats my birthday week haha

Quick Reply: THANK GOD for cops..