Just Cranked the T-bars.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 09:21 PM
Looks great!! Funny enough I did the same and am now doing the opposite. Right now I have a 3 inch block with an AAL and a torsion bar crank.

Any plans for bigger meats?

Old 03-01-2009 | 09:30 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by Folmar150
Looks great!! Funny enough I did the same and am now doing the opposite. Right now I have a 3 inch block with an AAL and a torsion bar crank.

Any plans for bigger meats?
Thanks. - Doing the opposite ? Your removing the block and turning the bars back down? Why? Problems?
I might go up one size, later - Not in a hurry for that really.

Last edited by jbrew; 03-02-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2009 | 09:35 PM
Global Moderator &
plastic leaf spring spacers? mine are sheet metal

Old 03-02-2009 | 01:57 AM
|
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
plastic leaf spring spacers? mine are sheet metal
Mine are a hard plastic with a push-pin type deals that insert into each spring front and back.

Glad mine aren't sheet metal, they wouldn't last long. - Maybe one winter lol

Old 03-09-2009 | 12:44 PM
Not really any problems but just a change. My ZX2's timing belt broke and ive been driving my truck 30 miles oneway to school. So with that said im not putting 285s or bigger on it for awhile. With my current setup its stiff, which it I like, but it does get alil bumpy. I did even realize mine was stiff until I rode in my bros supercrew.

So i'll leave the AAL in and take the block out....

Old 03-10-2009 | 10:37 AM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by jbrew

Before -

After -

a great moment in f150online history, pics posted by jbrew that have no engine bay shots

looks good man, I'd just go with a wider more aggressive tire later on down the road

Old 03-14-2009 | 03:00 PM
OK I'm a newb, and little bit of a tard, so be nice....

If you have read any of my other posts you know that I've been looking for ways to get my 08XL 2WD to sit a bit more level. I'm not going to be able to use a leveling kit because I'll void my warranty. Can I gain any noticable front end stance difference by adjusting torsion bars? I know it will not be a huge difference but an inch or so might make a big difference to me.

Last edited by BLKTXTRK; 03-14-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2009 | 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
3" Blocks -

Used 10" U-bolts. Replaced all the plastic spacers in between the springs (8 per side). She's quiet now, no squeaking. .

BTW - Tires are stock size. Well, what came stock w/off-road package = 265's
Wow, cranking the torsion bars and adding 3" blocks made quite a difference. I'm glad I looked into this thread, because my truck has the 4" rancho lift on it and they used 3" blocks and the torsion bars havent been cranked at all. So if i ever want my truck to sit higher i could always add the aal or throw in a bigger block if i ever crank the torsion bars. I have 285/70/17's

Old 03-21-2009 | 07:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by Folmar150
Not really any problems but just a change. My ZX2's timing belt broke and ive been driving my truck 30 miles oneway to school. So with that said im not putting 285s or bigger on it for awhile. With my current setup its stiff, which it I like, but it does get alil bumpy. I did even realize mine was stiff until I rode in my bros supercrew.

So i'll leave the AAL in and take the block out....

Yea , I hear yuh - It's getting old real quick. I like it that level, maybe another inch or so. I'm going to Crank them back down and go with a 3 or 4" suspension lift. It has to be hard on the front end.

I didn't install AAL in the back, I had 4 springs back there from the factory - I replaced the factory 2" blocks with 3" blocks as well. I ony bumped it an inch in the rear.

They did had to install a Cam kit to align - Needed new shocks aswell, I bent the shafts on the Bilsteins - That was my fault

Last edited by jbrew; 03-21-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-22-2009 | 02:40 AM
|
Originally Posted by tarajerame
a great moment in f150online history, pics posted by jbrew that have no engine bay shots

looks good man, I'd just go with a wider more aggressive tire later on down the road

Lol, yea - I don't get to many shots of her on the outside. Running very healthy after that last Port and polish/ Denso's/Coils/Lt's Hf's - Running a better combination muffler, has all kinds of torque . I finally have a combination she likes. Peters out @ 4200 rpm, but she really likes 3600 . Probably getting a little tired @ 260,000. - Can't complain that's for sure.

Here's a couple after she came home from the frame shop - Front end was dialed in perfect - Dead nuts! The shop had the latest in laser lining equipment, that place was bad a$$. -

Old 03-22-2009 | 04:58 AM
|
Originally Posted by modea2006
Wow, cranking the torsion bars and adding 3" blocks made quite a difference. I'm glad I looked into this thread, because my truck has the 4" rancho lift on it and they used 3" blocks and the torsion bars havent been cranked at all. So if i ever want my truck to sit higher i could always add the aal or throw in a bigger block if i ever crank the torsion bars.
You won't like the ride IMO. Well , it's great cornering and no problem on a smooth road, but when you hit a washboard / or a pile of chuckholes lol, - you'll bite yourself if your not careful.. Just don't be doin none of this - until you get use to it.

Old 03-22-2009 | 10:01 AM
beautiful truck, especially considering its a 98, jbrew.

Old 03-22-2009 | 03:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by minimonster17
beautiful truck, especially considering its a 98, jbrew.
Thanks! Yep, I try to take of her. Cleaned out the shop and found a court and 1/2 of Amsoil trans fluid/ 1 court of Castrol Merc V and 2 courts of RP Synthetic. I pulled the Power steering line and flushed her out real good with the Amsoil and filled her up with Royal Purple.

The PS wasn't that noisy to begin with - just haven't flushed the PS yet, so - seemed like the thing to do. It doesn't make a peep now

Old 03-22-2009 | 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by BLKTXTRK
OK I'm a newb, and little bit of a tard, so be nice....

If you have read any of my other posts you know that I've been looking for ways to get my 08XL 2WD to sit a bit more level. I'm not going to be able to use a leveling kit because I'll void my warranty. Can I gain any noticable front end stance difference by adjusting torsion bars? I know it will not be a huge difference but an inch or so might make a big difference to me.
You don't have any torsion bars. A leveling kit is sorta your only option to getting just an inch or so in the front.

Or drive around with a few 100lbs in the bed and make it go down a little to sit level

Looks good Jbrew! What a big difference that makes.

Old 03-22-2009 | 07:49 PM
|
Originally Posted by Barrett

Looks good Jbrew! What a big difference that makes.
Thanks! - She just needs a little tunning, I gottuh get the sound right - Like this -

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ynoTune007.flv

Quick Reply: Just Cranked the T-bars.