Pics of anyone with leveling kit on 97-03 ford f150's

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013 | 06:24 PM
I'm saying I see the OP ask for pics with a leveling kit and everyone just says crank the torsion bar not even taking into consideration that some trucks came with coil springs and struts up front. Like my 98 f250 light duty 2wd. I don't have torsion bars so this info doesnt help e or anyone else looking for What the OP originally asked for. Plus no one gave a reason why the kit was a bad idea.

Old 02-03-2013 | 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by shakerGT
I'm saying I see the OP ask for pics with a leveling kit and everyone just says crank the torsion bar not even taking into consideration that some trucks came with coil springs and struts up front. Like my 98 f250 light duty 2wd. I don't have torsion bars so this info doesnt help e or anyone else looking for What the OP originally asked for. Plus no one gave a reason why the kit was a bad idea.
Alright lets see here..

First off this thread is from 2009, so solid 4 year bump.

Now off to your questions?..

If you want information on how to level your 2wd, there is plenty of info already on this site for that, including the sticky at the top of this forum, or the link in my signature probably would be able to answer all the questions. But since your asking, I think, you can go with something like a daystar leveling kit (sits usually on top of the coil, but they make some that go underneath) to get the 2" or so you need to level your truck, whatever you do don't get the kind that fit in between the coils, that's just asking for problems.

As for why aftermarket torsion keys are bad, well first thing is, they cost money and you can crank the factory torsion keys for free. Second and probably main reason is that the factory keys will allow you to level while still keep your truck in spec, basically meaning you can go get it aligned with no hassle and you won't be blowing through cv axles, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. at an excessive rate. The aftermarket re-indexed keys allow you to crank them way too far.

And if your looking for pics, your best bet is to search through the lifted truck threads (the 2wd one would be the best help to you) and look through members albums on here. But to give you a general idea, a leveled 2wd will sit roughly the same as stock 4wd up front.

Old 02-04-2013 | 01:19 AM
Good info! That's How you give an answer! Thanks!

Old 03-23-2015 | 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Brads984x4
Im considering buying a leveling kit for my 98 ford f150 lariat. I use to be always on this site looking and reading. But i havent been able to get on here lately and read and learn haha. but im looking for pictures of 97-03 body style trucks with the 2 or 3 inch leveling kits. im running 285/75/16s right now. so show me your pics !

I put 3.5 leveling keys in my 1997 f150 4x4 v6 and cranked them all the way up, knock on wood nothing has broke and I have had them since Nov an snowplowed all winter worked great little stiff but sits higher than just cranking the stock one up you can find them for like 80 bucks online

Quick Reply: Pics of anyone with leveling kit on 97-03 ford f150's