6" suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" suspension lift

which company has the best kind of suspension lift kit? does it all come down to personal prefrence? are rear add a leafs better or the rear shocks? any general things i should know about suspension lifts? thanks all

Old 08-26-2009, 08:29 AM
some personal preference, some monetary, some depends on what you do with it. A lot of people on here like Rancho - I always thought they were not so good, but maybe they have gotten better. Superlift is a very cheap lift, not so good for off road use but ok if just driving on the highway. I think Fabtech is an awesome product, and Rize (very expensive) is incredible. Whether you use blocks or add a leafs, or replace the leafs with more arched ones, you will still have shocks. Are you talking about shocks that adjust the height? I think they are only for the front, but someone on here will correct me if I'm mistaken. Some kits come with new shocks, some don't. I prefer Bilstein shocks, but a lot of people on here are liking their Rancho's.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd recommend Fabtech or RCD.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 PM
alright thanks guys

Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ep again it goes of personal preferance and the shop you buy from, some have house brands, here one shop sells BDS and another is skyjacker so they dont like anything else.

me presonally lifts change with the trucks, with superduties fabtech is on teh bottom of the totem pole and rancho isnt even even in teh same region.

when it comes to IFS and a 6" lift BDS,RCD,fabtech and procomp will get the job done. superlift,full traction and rough country and tuff country will work also but havent seen alot of feedback. rancho was left out due to it being a 4"

Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Take a look at Trail Master. For the '04-'08 trucks they include a replacement strut in the front instead of a spacer, they include extended brake lines, and they include a front driveline so you don't have to rotate the pinion.

Trail Master is an old brand with a new owner. It's worth a fresh look.

Quick Reply: 6" suspension lift