What lift is this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009 | 07:32 PM
|
What lift is this!

Ive recently found a truck that im lookin into maybe gettin before the week is over and it already has a suspension lift on it and im buyin it from a dealer and they said they dont know what kind it is, i was jw if anybody could tell by lookin at the front crossmember if they could tell what kind it is and what height it is...its also got 315 tires on 17 in rims on it...thanks

Old 09-30-2009 | 08:30 PM
I think that this a pro comp stage 1, but I may be wrong.

Old 09-30-2009 | 08:35 PM
Suspended
Start from scratch... trust me! I bought my truck with a lift on it already and I wish I hadn't. I haven't had any issues with the truck yet but I can't tell you what kind of lift it is and now I wish I had something else. The dealer is going to add the price of the lift into the cost of the truck and yet can't tell you what kind of lift it is. So you can't even research the value of the lift. Obviously dealers try to get you to pay more for a vehicle than what it's worth so they are going to do the same with the lift kit. Dealers are supposed to provide an itemized list of anything extra on the truck but I'm willing to bet they don't. Am I right? I'm sure it is using the same stock coils in the front with a big spacer too. This type of cheap setup proves costly for the tie rods and cv joints. By your truck stock and build it up with quality products. Otherwise, your are going to pay a few extra thousand dollars for something you can't research made by a company you can't identitfy. I love the setup I have now but have had to make many upgrades to get it there, replacing things I already paid for when I bought the truck with a kit already on it. I wish I had bought my truck stock.

Old 09-30-2009 | 08:42 PM

I agree with the guy above, and I am going to go ahead and say that I am positive that is a pro comp stage one. On the other hand you can see in the above picture that the CV's are perfectly fine. I am not 100% sure, but I would be willing to bet that the ball joints are fine because the CV's are. If anything, just get under there and take a good look at things. Abused truck parts cant hide themselves. Make sure that there are no oil leaks or anything like that of course too while you are down there. That truck appears to be in very good condition from the pictures that you put up, but you can cover up body damage. I would test drive it, and see how everything feels.

Old 09-30-2009 | 08:52 PM
|
yea i went and test drove it earlier and it rode like a cadillac! surprised the hell outta me but ive been driving a ranger with torsion bars cranked so anything other than that is like heaven to me! lol...yea i was thinkin it was a pro comp stage 1, definetly no coilovers or nothing on it...i layed under the truck for about 10-15 min and looked it over completely and to tell you the truth it looked brand damn new!!! the whole truck actually looked exceptional for an 05...and to be honest im kinda skeptical about buying a lifted truck but this one from inspecting it looked to be done right and was VERY well taken care of...i was jw if it was a pro comp stage one bc if i do get it i wanna add some coilovers to it

Old 09-30-2009 | 08:53 PM
|
and the thing is...a good family friend does a lot of work for the guy who owns this dealer and he can get a ridiculous deal on it so thats why im ready to jump on it

Old 09-30-2009 | 09:03 PM
If that be the case, and you can get a good deal on the truck then I would do it. Like it was mentioned before you could probably get a warranty on the truck, but I doubt that they would cover it being lifted. The fact that its lifted makes it a liability because the lift would be the blame for anything that ever goes wrong with the front suspension (i.e. ball joints wearing out and that sorta thing). If you like the truck and you approve then thats really all that matters. It looks like a really nice truck.

Old 09-30-2009 | 09:17 PM
Procomp looks like

Old 09-30-2009 | 09:19 PM
|
o yea, ive been looking at trucks for bout a year and seriously since ive been tryin to sell my truck for the past few months and of the FEW lifted trucks ive looked at its been the nicest, hell it looks better underneath than most non-lifted ive looked at...well ive talked to my "middle man" and i should know something tomorrow...kinda makes me happy to find out its a pro comp, being thats the lift i wanted...the only difference between the stage 1 and 2 is coilovers right?

Old 09-30-2009 | 09:35 PM
I find it interesting that it doesn't have a 4wd valance, it looks like no tow hooks to me.

Definitely ProComp by looking at the bars to the rear of the front suspension. That and the tell-tail sagging rear end.

Old 09-30-2009 | 09:51 PM
It is a Pro Crap Stage one lift. It is the cheapest suspension lift money can buy. The dealer has a local 4wd shop install it and then triples the price. I looked at a lifted truck that the same 6" suspension lift on 35's ALONE and they wanted an extra $8,000 on top of the price of the truck. I got 9"s of lift on 38's, new gears, new wheels, and a new rear axle for $7,000. And I trust my lift ALOT more than I would one that I bought from some dealer.

Old 09-30-2009 | 10:08 PM
100% a procomp

Old 09-30-2009 | 10:09 PM
|
yea i did think that was weird about the valance and no tow hooks, and if theres anything fishy about it ill know about it tomorrow from the owner of the dealership

Old 09-30-2009 | 11:27 PM
Suspended
Buy stock! Buy the lift you want! Don't make the same mistake I did. If they are willing to give you a good deal on THAT truck then they should be able to give you a good deal on another F150 (assuming they have one). They are going to rape you on the price of the lift.

Old 10-01-2009 | 07:09 AM
|
all this depends on what i hear from my friend today who has a talk with his friend the owner of that dealership so

Quick Reply: What lift is this!