2001 Leveling kit How To.. somebody double check me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009 | 10:50 PM
|
2001 Leveling kit How To.. somebody double check me...

1. Remove Front Tires and place a jack under the LCA to keep it from moving. (don’t jack it up a lot just enough to put pressure on it.)

2. Remove the sway bar bolt from the Lower Control Arm (LCA) as well as the lower shock bolts

3. then remove the upper shock bolt and drop the shock out, don’t lose that clip on top of the bolt (make sure the LCA has a jack under it before doing this)

4. (edit)I was told to remove the brake caliper and brake line bracket here, but i did not, i suppose it would make it easier if they were out of the way and not removing them could cause damage. I suggest removing them, however when i did this project i did not. (edit)
Remove both of the Camber bolts from the Upper Control Arm (UCA) This will allow access to the spring, when reassembling if you have a camber kit install this in this step. Some people say to loosen the ball joint nut instead, I found the camber bolts to be much easier

5. Lower the LCA down then remove the spring and factory spacer

6. install the new one and re- assemble then get the truck aligned and your good to go.

Last edited by Murray92589; 10-04-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2009 | 10:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

the control arms dont need to be jacked up until your ready to remove the ball joint nut or control arm bolts.

you forgot to remove the caliper and brake line bracket.

Quick Reply: 2001 Leveling kit How To.. somebody double check me...