6 or 8 inch????

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009 | 06:53 PM
Truck of the Month
i have a tendency that when i wanna buy something i order everything piece by piece and precisely everything i choose over having to buy a bulk package...so i.m.o. since cash is low LOL...we wud need to educate ourselves pretty well on wut were buyin rite?

'cuz i know theirs fabtech,procomp,bds,rize, and i mite be missing sum that make kits...but then theirs the shocks, leafs, and a bunch of other stuff...my point is be practical on wut u buy i guess??

Old 10-13-2009 | 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by fine_style150
i have a tendency that when i wanna buy something i order everything piece by piece and precisely everything i choose over having to buy a bulk package...so i.m.o. since cash is low LOL...we wud need to educate ourselves pretty well on wut were buyin rite?

'cuz i know theirs fabtech,procomp,bds,rize, and i mite be missing sum that make kits...but then theirs the shocks, leafs, and a bunch of other stuff...my point is be practical on wut u buy i guess??
buy fabtech for your 6" then do a AS 2" spacer up front and AAL or bigger block in the back to get that 2 extra inches, boom, your done.

Old 10-14-2009 | 08:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by Ibrocun
Before I give my opinion, I want to know what you want from your truck. How important is ride? How important are looks? How many miles do you intend to put on this truck? What are you willing to sacrifice?

You can get a cheap lift kit that looks cool, but will cause problems the more you drive it. You can also spend a fortune and have the same problems. Remember, chrome don't get you home.

My order of priorities are:
Reliability. If your lift kit causes other components to fail prematurely your truck will be unreliable.

and

Driveability. There are kits out there that include replacement struts, and there are kits that include strut spacers. If you have 40,000 miles on your truck, or the shocks and struts and you put on a kit that only spaces the front struts but gives you new rear shocks, the truck won't ride as well as it would if the set was matched because shocks and struts fade over time, even if they don't leak. Also, the OEM strut was tuned to handle a tire/wheel of a particular weight. When you put a bigger tire on it will change it's characteristics, and won't match the rear. The bigger the tire over OEM, the more the mis-match between the front and rear will be noticed.
well id say looks arnt that much important. 8 inch is an 8 inch and yes the ride is important! i currently have around 80,000 miles on it not sure on the
exact number but ya. ill probably end up keepin this truck for more than 5
years im sure. im most likely going to end up going with the 8 inch rize
with some fox shocks up front and the rear.

Old 10-14-2009 | 08:36 PM
Does it take an 8" lift to run 37's? I was reading on Off-Road.com's site that has a first generation Expedition with 5" lift running 37's. That setup gives what I feel is the perfect stance.

Old 10-14-2009 | 09:46 PM
That Expy has aftermarket prerunner fenders. With those he could have probably fit 37's at stock height.

Quick Reply: 6 or 8 inch????