any effects of lifting a truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009 | 10:11 AM

Last edited by OGTerror; 10-31-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-19-2009 | 10:27 AM
I like "lost cause", bought my truck, then 5 years and no mods later paid it off. I then took the money I was using to pay the truck off, and saved for another 2 years BEFORE I even turned a wrench on my truck. But during that 2 year time period of "saving" I was researching everything I most possible could find out about lifts, tires, wheels, gears, etc.... But after all this time I have my truck lifted and the way I want it; I would not hesitate to jump in her for a trip cross country. I feel that safe in it, and the quality of work that was put into it.

So, my suggestion to you is. DO NOT buy a truck with a lift on it. Even if it is a new truck with a dealer installed lift. Save your money, do all the research, take your time, then when the time is right get the right lift that fits YOU. You will be extremely happy with the end result, and you did not "settle" just because you wanted it right then and there.

Old 10-19-2009 | 07:13 PM
I am another one who didn't do any mods to my rig while I was paying it off, but the month I was done with that, this odyssey began.

Now there seems to be no end in sight for me. The more cool stuff I add, the more cool stuff I want. First I thought,"Once I get some 35's, I can stop."

Next came a "good deal" on a lift kit.(It was)
Then I needed new wheels, then shocks,brakes,etc.etc.etc.
When I come to this site and see soo many unique, well built, and dare I say, beautiful machines, like Da wolf's truck, or fx4life, or so many more guys rigs, it fills my head with ideas for my own rig. Now I need a 3" body lift, 38" tires, 4.88 gears,and a set of Bushwacker pocket flares.

And because I'm doing it all myself, I feel a great sense of pride and accomplishment when I stand back and admire my handwork at the end of a project.

That's why you should build your own.
oh, and to look really ********n cool.....

Quick Reply: any effects of lifting a truck