Rancho-MyRide Shock control System

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009 | 11:26 PM
|
Rancho-MyRide Shock control System

Anyone using this system? I have RS9000 adjustable shocks and got the wireless controlled system as part of a promotion. Basically the control ***** on each shock are replaced with air fittings and the system then uses compressed air to set the adjustment rate for the shocks. I’m a little leery about the compressed air part of the system. Live in Minnesota with cold temps and want some reassurance air lines are not going to be a problem holding air pressure. If you have experience with this system, please let me know how it worked for you. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-13-2009 | 10:19 AM
How long did it take you to get the controller? I bought the same shocks and I'm still waiting on mine to come in. I'm like you, I don't know if I'm going to put the controller on or not.

What do you think about the ride quality with these shocks? I haven't had a chance to play with the controls yet, but I really didn't notice any change in the ride. I still feel every bump in the road. I've got the fronts set on level 6 and the rear on level 3.

Old 10-13-2009 | 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by silver-savage
How long did it take you to get the controller? I bought the same shocks and I'm still waiting on mine to come in. I'm like you, I don't know if I'm going to put the controller on or not.

What do you think about the ride quality with these shocks? I haven't had a chance to play with the controls yet, but I really didn't notice any change in the ride. I still feel every bump in the road. I've got the fronts set on level 6 and the rear on level 3.
Well its not going to take away what you feel from hitting bumps its a truck not a caddy. Anyways the shocks may help a little and even buying the bilsteins member say the ride is better but not that drastic. Change your levels more often and play with it. I mean its just a key they give you right ? Should take what 2 mins

Old 10-13-2009 | 12:28 PM
|
It took about 8 weeks to get the controller mailed to me. The system looks like it’s made of quality materials…I’m just a little hesitant with the whole compressed air to replace the manual ***** on the shocks (especially since it’s not really that hard to reach in and twist the adjustment ***** manually). I’ve had the new RS9000s, 4 inch Rancho, and Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs on for almost 3 weeks and the truck rides awesome. I currently have the fronts and backs adjusted to 4. With my current setup, the truck rides smoother and is more responsive than stock. Still, I’d like to hear from someone who has installed the Rancho controller system. I know it’s been around for awhile just the wireless controller is relatively new….so someone must have used this system???

Old 10-13-2009 | 02:08 PM
I've been curious about the controller since I first heard of it. Does anyone know what happens in the event of air failure? Does it stay on the setting it was at or does it return to some default? Also, does the controller give feedback if this happens?

Old 10-13-2009 | 02:39 PM
If you have the shocks set at a position that works well for you, why worry about even installing the controller to adjust them?

Old 10-13-2009 | 02:42 PM
I'm hoping they would allow a difference when I go from a nice smooth road back and forth to work to the uneven, muddy, and rocky surfaces of fields we go off-roading in

Old 11-12-2013 | 01:21 PM
Does anyone know where you can still get this control system? I bought the RS9000 struts and shocks figuring I could still get the controller to find they are not selling them as they are fabbing up a new model with no distribution date in sight. I have not heard any problems with the one they stopped selling and would be interested in one if anyone knows where I can still get one?
Thanks, Dave

Quick Reply: Rancho-MyRide Shock control System