Bent Spring

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009 | 08:05 AM
|
Bent Spring

I have a 95 F150 2wd reg cab long box. Changing oil the yesterday and noticed that the passenger front spring is bent out. The inside of the coil is pushed all the way against where it mounts on top instead of being centered like it is on the drivers side.

I after noticing this I also noticed the the passenger side sites ~ 2 inches lower the then driver side up front.

Drives steers and tracks great for being 14 yrs old (146k). Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this and if it is worth the $180 to fix this (springs and shocks for both sides).

Also any idea how this happened. The only way I can think of is it was fully extended at some point and was slammed down - like it was being jumped. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary with it. I've went through a few pastures but that was in first gear just letting the truck pull itself through - foot wasn't on the gas - maybe going 2-4 mph. Haven't hit anything big that I can think of.

Just wanted to get your thoughts. I also plan on hauling around 1500 - 2k lbs for about 15 miles this weekend. Bunch of stuff to the land fill. Think it will be a problem or should I try and find a trailer.

Thanks,
Joe

Quick Reply: Bent Spring