Everything is messing up all at once

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009 | 02:50 AM
|
Just got back from work tonight and noticed when I was pulling my 12 foot trailer that when I made right turns there was a slight judder and a slight grinding noise... It has got to be the passenger side bearing.. So its about a 100 to 160 dollar shot to figure it out.. I have come to the conclusion what may have done this . I put metallic pads on the front a while back , I didnot get the rotors turned ,, ( They may have been warped) So the strength of the pads verses the unturned rotor may have caused the weak bearings to become worse really quick.. This is just a guess sad part is that I am booked solid for about 2 weeks every night with steam cleaning jobs and I have to use my truck.. I really do not want to take a chance of my wheel falling off... So I thought I would start with the wheel bearing hub assembly on the passenger side , this is the side with the cupping tire.. I may if I have time go ahead and get that rotor turned .. Then in about 2 weeks I will play with the drivers side.. The tire on the drvers side is not cupping but I am pretty sure that rotor may be screwed as well... DARN I HATE SPENDING MONEY

Old 11-03-2009 | 02:51 AM
|
By the way ((((((((WAY TO GO SAINTS ))))))))))) 7-0

Old 11-03-2009 | 10:24 AM
I've owned one 4x4 or another since I was 16. My dad taught me to put it 4wd once a month if I had not otherwise used it. Gravel parking lots or dirt roads are perfect. 100 feet forwards, 100 feet backwards and call it good for another month unless you hear/feel something weird.

Old 11-03-2009 | 06:31 PM
|
Ok we have some guessing to do??? I put on two new bearing hub assemblys.. 2 new rotors more new front pads, my new front shocks.. hooked both ABS plug wires up and guess what .. I started the truck and immeditaly the ABS light came on and stayed on .. So the truck rides and handles 1000% better and no more roaring around curves... So that was part of it.. I also decided to reset the computer hopeing this would help but nope the ABS light stays on.. Now here is something strange if I start the truck with the brake pedal depressed the ABS light stays off but the minute I let off of the brake BOOM the ABS light stays on.. I am about 2 give up.. I spent almost 600.00 dollars today .. But like I said it rides great .. but it still pulsates on stops but not quite as bad.. I guess I will just live without ABS .. I dont really like it in the first place..

Old 11-03-2009 | 06:52 PM
|
by the way I forgot to change out the dumb sensor on the diff.. Maybe that is it ??? I will try it but if its not I am going to be very mad...

Old 11-04-2009 | 07:55 AM
|
Well here we go another day to play with the truck as my wife puts it... Now all is done to the front end ( New wheel hub bearings , new shocks and new rotors and yep another set of pads.. So today I am going to change the sensor out on the rear diff to see if this will have an effect on the ABS light prob..
By the way I was fooled into thinking this was going to be an easy job.. The 15mm bolts on the back of the hub bearing assembly were a pain to get off, when I finally got the parts out I dropped the Shaft and put a nice little scuff in the outer shaft boot.. . As far as getting the Hub nut off ( 35mm) I had to knock a wheel stud out and slide a long bolt in it and the frame so I could loosen the hub nut... Then upon reassembly it required torqueing to 220 ft /lbs ..Well I have learned something new.. All and all for both sides it took around 4 hours.. This includes a ton of trips to the auto parts store.. And now I also have a great selection of metric tools...

Old 11-04-2009 | 12:16 PM
|
Well it was NOT the sensor on the rear diff. Not the Fuse , Not the rear sensors, Not the front Sensors.. So now I was told to check the switch on the Master cylinder , No Idea where that is ??? Maybe its the realy ??? or maybe its the sensor on the transmission where ever that is and wouldn't you know that all 3 auto parts stores do not have a hayes manuqal for my truck >>> I GIVE UP I am taking a break

Old 11-04-2009 | 12:35 PM
i know its not a permanent fix but if the light bothers you that much why not just removed the light from behind the cluster?

Old 11-04-2009 | 02:53 PM
|
Originally Posted by polevaulter95
i know its not a permanent fix but if the light bothers you that much why not just removed the light from behind the cluster?
The main reason I am trying so hard to get my antilocks working again is because when I pull my trailer the ABS really helps on wet pavement,,

May have found something .. I started the truck , put it in neutral , put it in 4 high all went well then I put it in 4 low sitting still an clunck sound happened, it did it again when engaging 4 low not on 4 high. The clunck sound comes from the center of the truck .. so I checked th CV joints , U joints .. The only thing I can see is the shaft going to the front transfer case from the transmission that has a small boot in the center of it is able to be pushed up and down slightly.. I guess i need to get the neighbor to look under the truck when I engage the 4low..

Quick Reply: Everything is messing up all at once