Bds

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010 | 04:51 PM
|
Bds

I wasnt aware that BDS made a 8" lift? Im no lift kit guru, so i may be out of the loop. Anyone with some insight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...Q5fAccessories

Old 01-05-2010 | 05:16 PM
Truck of the Month
they make pretty much everything

2" leveling kit
3" Body Lift (used to)
4,6,8" suspension lift

If you go to a local shop that carries BDS , you can def get a better deal than that Ebay link.

On bds's website my kit 6" w/struts, block+AAL, retails for $2,700, i got it for $1,850 with free dual steering stabilizers

they also have the best warranty

Old 01-05-2010 | 05:33 PM
What shop did you get yours from IDNC76? I looked at the website, called BDS and called the only place here in MD that distributes BDS and they all gave me the same damn price! I saw that you got a hell of a deal and their website states that their authorized distributors will get you the best price. I even got an email from 1 of their tech guys saying that my local distributor would give me a much better deal. I'm annoyed to the point that I'm exploring my other options. Help me out?

Old 01-05-2010 | 06:08 PM
|
It doesnt seem like you see that many people with them. I see a lot of procomp and fabtech stuff here. Rize is starting to show up more, but i guess i just havent noticed the BDS before. which i like the idea of not having a flashy lift. I also doubt i can beat that price...The only distributor near me that i have found is Chux Trux in Independence, MO. They have everything marked up. Some stuff is ok, but i seriously doubt they knock even 500 bucks off. They tried to tell me my wheels and tires for my truck would run me 2800 and i couldnt find them anywhere else. I saved over 500 bucks shopping online. Anyway, maybe your guy can ship!!! ha.

Last edited by Big_Smokey; 01-05-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2010 | 07:38 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by tlt008
What shop did you get yours from IDNC76? I looked at the website, called BDS and called the only place here in MD that distributes BDS and they all gave me the same damn price! I saw that you got a hell of a deal and their website states that their authorized distributors will get you the best price. I even got an email from 1 of their tech guys saying that my local distributor would give me a much better deal. I'm annoyed to the point that I'm exploring my other options. Help me out?
I got mine from this shop. Ask for John
http://www.mothersperformance.com/

mayb if your close to another state you can take a ride to another shop and not pay tax and see if you can get a better price

Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
It doesnt seem like you see that many people with them. I see a lot of procomp and fabtech stuff here. Rize is starting to show up more, but i guess i just havent noticed the BDS before. which i like the idea of not having a flashy lift
Yeah BDS isnt that big on this site, i think im 1 of 2 people who have/had their lift on this site. 06yz250f sold his truck for a 250. I think they re pretty big in the Jeep community though.

An other reason is you cant buy their stuff online, so most people just assume that the fabtech/pro comp/rize will be cheaper.

Old 01-05-2010 | 08:42 PM
I shot them an email and I'll probably give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for that info. I'm about 4 1/2 hours south west of them so driving up there to get the stuff wouldn't be completely out of the question though freight shipping all of it would be the better option. We'll see what they say and hopefully it's good news. If it's not BDS it will either be Rize again or Fabtech bumped to 8".

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:33 PM
I shot them an email and I'll probably give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for that info. I'm about 4 1/2 hours south west of them so driving up there to get the stuff wouldn't be completely out of the question though freight shipping all of it would be the better option. We'll see what they say and hopefully it's good news. If it's not BDS it will either be Rize again or Fabtech bumped to 8".
Smokey- Not attempting to jack your thread but; Trevor, what are you talking about?! You've changed your truck at least 23 times (well maybe not 23 but close to it) and now this? WTF?

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Indo
Smokey- Not attempting to jack your thread but; Trevor, what are you talking about?! You've changed your truck at least 23 times (well maybe not 23 but close to it) and now this? WTF?
Congratulations bro you are the 2nd with jokes about me switching it up again! sbchris beat you to the top honors! I'm going for change 24 and lifting her up again. 8" of lift one way or another with either 37's or 38's on my 24's.....most likely the 38's though just to give me a little more sidewall.

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:41 PM
Congratulations bro you are the 2nd with jokes about me switching it up again! sbchris beat you to the top honors! I'm going for change 24 and lifting her up again. 8" of lift one way or another with either 37's or 38's on my 24's.....most likely the 38's though just to give me a little more sidewall.

never satisfied

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:41 PM
|
No biggy, but it is true. Ive seen the aboves truck transform more the pamela andersons breasts!

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:44 PM
never satisfied is my middle name...... I wish I could transform my truck INTO Pamela Anderson's breats!

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:46 PM
|
If you could only turn into KIT

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:54 PM
Ha. I figured Chris would say something considering he got your Rize (if I remember correctly). Speaking of Chris, I saw his truck the day after Christmas and it looked killer. Remember to take pictures of whatever route you decide to go BEFORE you change it up again.

To the OP, you thinking of going up to 8"? I think you've got 20" Hosses. Would you be going up in tire size as well? If so, what size are you lookin' at?

Old 01-06-2010 | 09:13 AM
|
If i ever decide to lift it will for sure be 8". So far ive been looking at the Rize and BDS now. The rize just looks so bulky, but it still looks good and from what ive read from everyone that has it, was good comments. My wife tells me i shouldnt lift this truck, but wait until i get a new one and do it right when i get it, so i can have it longer. I thought that was a great idea! Only i want to see if ford changes out the 5.4 first. Also id rather not have any more truck payments......so we will see.
I think 37's on my 20"HOSS will look good. And as of now, im sure things will change before i ever get to doing this, but I like the Trail Grapplers. The toyos are nice too. So thats where im at. I know you and a bunch of others have already gone through all of this, so if you have any suggestions feel free to post.

INDO did you have any luck selling your other sets of wheels and tires?

Last edited by Big_Smokey; 01-06-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-06-2010 | 01:36 PM
Truck of the Month
Yeah lemme know how it goes with them, they re good guys there. I didnt price out the 8" lift, but i bet it will be around $2,000. Also ask them to throw in the dual steering stabilizers , cant hurt.

Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
If i ever decide to lift it will for sure be 8". So far ive been looking at the Rize and BDS now. The rize just looks so bulky, but it still looks good and from what ive read from everyone that has it, was good comments. My wife tells me i shouldnt lift this truck, but wait until i get a new one and do it right when i get it, so i can have it longer. I thought that was a great idea! Only i want to see if ford changes out the 5.4 first. Also id rather not have any more truck payments......so we will see.
I think 37's on my 20"HOSS will look good. And as of now, im sure things will change before i ever get to doing this, but I like the Trail Grapplers. The toyos are nice too. So thats where im at. I know you and a bunch of others have already gone through all of this, so if you have any suggestions feel free to post.

INDO did you have any luck selling your other sets of wheels and tires?
I contemplated getting a new truck and putting the new lift on also. But my truck has 48k on it and paid off , so i ll be keeping her till the wheels fall off. plus i put too much into it to get rid of it

If theres nothing wrong with the truck and its paid off, why not keep it.

Quick Reply: Bds