san antonio mechanics/shops

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b2therad, I drive by that place every day going to work and I always forget about it. So you've had good luck there huh? What all have you had done there? Its way more convenient than Planet Pick-up so I may have to stop in there.

And I echo the thoughts on Jordan Ford. I've dealt with Northside Ford out of convenience, but Jordan has always been exceptional when I have dealt with them.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 PM
When it comes to suspension work, Planet Pickup. Yes they can be a bit hard to deal with, but in the end the work they provide is far superior to that of a lot of the other shops in town.

Another option ....

A shop that doesnt have a big name, but is great to deal with, Line X of San Antonio. There are two locations, one off Bab**** the other off nakoma. Currently, I get everytihng for my truck from them, and Josh (the owner) is easy as hell to deal with and fast at getting you answers you may need about products you want if he cant provide them for you. Suspension work he outsources to the guys at Planet Pickup so the work quality is that of Planet Pickup but the face to face dealings/transactions are much easier. He can get anything you want, and is connected with some of the larger distributors in the area.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by russ10screw
b2therad, I drive by that place every day going to work and I always forget about it. So you've had good luck there huh? What all have you had done there? Its way more convenient than Planet Pick-up so I may have to stop in there.

And I echo the thoughts on Jordan Ford. I've dealt with Northside Ford out of convenience, but Jordan has always been exceptional when I have dealt with them.
I have bought different suspension parts and things. They are always quick to answer via emails, and they have no problems finding places to get what you need if so happen that they don't have it.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
the line-x franchise in Boerne is wonderful, as well. they did mine, for about 30 less than the going rate - under 400 out the door, tax included.
they are responsive to emails and phone calls, too.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive heard nothign but good news about off road concepts. now for mechanic shops i couldnt find a good reliable one so i now take my truck to a buddy of mine hes a certified mech here in sa and has done everything from rotors to transmission flush on my truck the next thing on the list is shocks and plugs!!

Quick Reply: san antonio mechanics/shops