Conflicting Rear Suspension mods...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:19 PM
Keep savin and put all that money towards a supercharger , then you will NEED traction bars

But in all honesty the worst part about blocks is axle wrap, so I see no problems with a block and traction bar setup cause you will not have axle wrap.

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:19 PM
Haha 10/4 man, just let me know.

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
That is what I think too, I love the ride and flex the deavers have; but have had hell with that company. First trying to get these leaf packs took 2 months, now I want bigger and they won't build anything over 6".

IOR- I'll let ya know when the time comes. If you go that route I may have to buy those Rize blocks off ya
Oh well thats their loss i guess

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:20 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
no he did not. I tried asking again in his other thread but he didnt answer so im prob gonna shoot a pm over too him about it. I know its gonna be crazy haha almost should just wait and save for an sas but oh well. The rize lifts are just beautiful too look at on trucks. Yeah it would be 12+3+2
:o Makes my truck seem un-lifted

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
:o Makes my truck seem un-lifted
yeah but i always look up too your truck for things to do too mine

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:26 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Paralyzer
Keep savin and put all that money towards a supercharger , then you will NEED traction bars

I joke around about a supercharger getting me back to "stock numbers"

BUT a S/C is a serious project for this year, of course I say that every year like a resolution and then end up dabbling in other projects the entire year I can say I have put more into getting there already this year

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:52 PM
Global Moderator &
I dont see why you couldnt make your own traction bars, there isnt much to a traction bar to be functional, but pretty is another thing. I also think that depending on your offset of your wheels you may be able to squeeze the Tbars between the leafs and the wheels, and then mount outside the frame rail up top on a custom bracket.

But I agree with
Originally Posted by IDNC76
a full leaf spring setup helps w/ axel wrap anyway
that less block means less Ubolt tension which means you should have much less axle wrap if any.

Old 01-14-2010 | 12:15 AM
how much do the rize traction bars go for? I have had my new block setup in the back and I haven't felt any axle wrap yet....no grinding no nothing.

Old 01-14-2010 | 12:29 AM
Ive looked at the specs for the rize traction bars and it looks as if you could flip the bar and use rod ends and mounting bracket so that it mounts right below the axel than above. you would be looking at an upside down rize logo tho! lol Plus rize's design is flawed and dont let me loose you here but they need to have the bars mounted to both the top and bottom of the axel in order to eliminate axel wrap, if its only mounted on one side with a floating mechanism (rize FLOATING traction bars) it will allow the axel to twist thust defeating the purpose of the traction bars! I am in the process of building my own traction bars and I have been through much trial and error.

Last edited by Bighahn; 01-14-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-14-2010 | 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by tlt008
Chris: How's it all working out for you? etter with the leafs or are you missing the blocks? Woud you go back to a big block to gain the trac bars?
Trev, I re-greased the nationals and now they are riding perfect!!! I don't think I would ever need traction bars with these leafs, you had them built perfect, nice and stiff!!!

Old 01-14-2010 | 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by IH8ATTN
how much do the rize traction bars go for? I have had my new block setup in the back and I haven't felt any axle wrap yet....no grinding no nothing.
they are going for about $1200 or so here is a link to a site that sells them as an option http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s..._ford_f150.htm

Old 01-14-2010 | 08:59 AM
FX4Life I really think you should just trade trucks with me and start over....its clear you are heading towards a dead end street. So you can take mine and have a brand new start. Just think about it!

Old 01-14-2010 | 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
they are going for about $1200 or so here is a link to a site that sells them as an option http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s..._ford_f150.htm
Holy crap thats is nuts $$$$$$...I dunno so far so good with my setup. Like I said I don't off road it ...maybe at the cottage and I just do daily driving so I don't think it would be to my advantage

Old 01-14-2010 | 01:27 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Bighahn
Ive looked at the specs for the rize traction bars and it looks as if you could flip the bar and use rod ends and mounting bracket so that it mounts right below the axel than above. you would be looking at an upside down rize logo tho! lol Plus rize's design is flawed and dont let me loose you here but they need to have the bars mounted to both the top and bottom of the axel in order to eliminate axel wrap, if its only mounted on one side with a floating mechanism (rize FLOATING traction bars) it will allow the axel to twist thust defeating the purpose of the traction bars! I am in the process of building my own traction bars and I have been through much trial and error.
You can kill off the upside down Rize emblem by flipping sides as your flip them over I don't know much about traction bars, but as you stated I don't understand how these could control axle wrap. Like the ones you have built I think you would need a rigid setup to stop/prevent it. I really only wanted them for the looks; ever since they said they where building them I was determined to get a set. It seems cheaper to buy a superduty set for a CC/SB and just fab them to work, at least they are under 1k...

I think i'm leaning towards an all spring setup at the moment. The total for springs OTD is 1020.00

The cheapest I found Rize trac bars was for 1100 at rocky mountain suspension or something. when I called to see if they had any (Rize said places that keep stock in there parts might still have some) she said no they where on a 4-week backorder. I let her know she may want to check on that Some place in New York called RMS offroad got the last 3 Rize had till they make more. Unfortunately they have not answered the phone or returned emails yet..

Last edited by FX4life; 01-14-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2010 | 01:44 AM
|
Truck of the Month
Pulled the trigger on 10" National springs today, so anyone interested in the Deaver stuff watch for it to go up for sale next month sometime. I have a 3 week wait while National moves, then I'm the first build in the new shop I'm very impressed with National so far; very friendly, knowledgeable, and reasonable!

Also found out some interesting stuff about Deaver and why they refused to build the springs I wanted.

Quick Reply: Conflicting Rear Suspension mods...