Conflicting Rear Suspension mods...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010 | 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Pulled the trigger on 10" National springs today, so anyone interested in the Deaver stuff watch for it to go up for sale next month sometime. I have a 3 week wait while National moves, then I'm the first build in the new shop I'm very impressed with National so far; very friendly, knowledgeable, and reasonable!

Also found out some interesting stuff about Deaver and why they refused to build the springs I wanted.

what was the damage if you don't mind me asking?

Old 01-16-2010 | 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Pulled the trigger on 10" National springs today, so anyone interested in the Deaver stuff watch for it to go up for sale next month sometime. I have a 3 week wait while National moves, then I'm the first build in the new shop I'm very impressed with National so far; very friendly, knowledgeable, and reasonable!

Also found out some interesting stuff about Deaver and why they refused to build the springs I wanted.
Good News cant wait too see them

Old 01-16-2010 | 10:44 AM
Did they say they could build them soft like the Deavers you so adore?

What's the scoop on Deaver?

Old 01-16-2010 | 11:53 AM
|
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by tlt008
Did they say they could build them soft like the Deavers you so adore?

What's the scoop on Deaver?

He sure did, I had been talking to Tim who referred me to Ben (they are brothers that own the place) and said tim's truck an F250 w/ an 8" lift has the exact setup I'm wanting..Smooth on road ride, flexibility, and not losing any payload (but not adding any). They said it would be no problem at all to fix me up a set.

As for deaver, I didn't know 99% of their stuff is off the shelf, mass produced stuff. I didn't really catch it but they said something about they make some of their mass produced stuff in canada...or something to that affect?; however I'm pretty sure my springs are stamped "made in the USA".. (I'll have to double check that), Basically its just generic...they only make custom springs for the big dogs in desert racing, off roading that type of stuff.

Ben probably spent a good hour and a half on the phone with me answering questions and concerns; BS'd a bit and even answered my questions regarding my deaver springs mystery lift abilities Tim answered countless emails very quickly. Just based on customer service so far I have been switched from deaver completely!

As for the damages, base price for 10" springs is 895(springs)+125(bushings & Ubolts). Mine will probably come out around 1100 I'm guessing. Once we get a final design on the springs I'll let you guys know the exact damages.

Excellent recommendation Trev! did you have to weigh the rear of your truck for them?

Old 01-16-2010 | 01:46 PM
Glad to hear it all worked out for you bro! National really does offer top notch service and they are no doubt cool, down to earth guys. I didn't have to weigh the rear of my truck when I ordered. Ben wanted me to but I attempted the task a few times to no avail. He ended up telling me not to worry about it because he had recently done another F150 Screw and still had the info.

Old 01-16-2010 | 02:36 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Glad to hear it all worked out for you bro! National really does offer top notch service and they are no doubt cool, down to earth guys. I didn't have to weigh the rear of my truck when I ordered. Ben wanted me to but I attempted the task a few times to no avail. He ended up telling me not to worry about it because he had recently done another F150 Screw and still had the info.
Yea I wasn't really sure what he wanted that for other than the design process. I can't find a place to even get to a scale; let alone how weighing just the rear of the truck can be accurate since there is little to no weight back there. I should have asked if he wanted that loaded down, or just dry weight..

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:24 PM
The best place to go is a truck weigh stop on the highway. They are pretty frequent. It just happens that they have alternating schedules and I could never catch the one by me open. I know they want the unloaded weight so that they can get the stiffness and height correct.

Old 01-16-2010 | 11:00 PM
|
Truck of the Month
The best place to go is a truck weigh stop on the highway. They are pretty frequent. It just happens that they have alternating schedules and I could never catch the one by me open. I know they want the unloaded weight so that they can get the stiffness and height correct.
I can't say I have ever seen any of the ones around me open I'll have to try truck stops. There is an abandoned cotton gin northwest of the city that has a scale, but since it has been abandoned since the second world war I doubt its calibration is correct

Old 01-17-2010 | 10:18 AM
haha I would say you are correct about that 1 sir........truck stop should be a sure bet I would think...or a commercial recycler

Old 01-17-2010 | 10:32 AM
if theres a gravel pit around you or a stone quarry usually they will weigh you for 5-10 dollars

Old 01-17-2010 | 03:04 PM
|
Truck of the Month
there are a few steel/metal recyclers; but no stone or other quarries around here.

I bet 80% of this area is farmland/oil/natural gas, 10% can probably account for all the cities/towns and a good bet the other 10% is just rolling plains I don't have too much to work with here; its a nice place to live but hard to get the things I need sometimes.

Old 01-17-2010 | 04:28 PM
Recyclers and truck stops is the way to go Matt........

On different note......I hope you're not a Cowboys fan.....

GOOOOOOO VIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNGSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! !

Old 01-17-2010 | 07:06 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Recyclers and truck stops is the way to go Matt........

On different note......I hope you're not a Cowboys fan.....

GOOOOOOO VIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNGSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! !

I'll have to see what I can do about a scale tomorrow morning.

I'm far from being a cowgirls fan. I loath them actually; They just don't get it that they absolutely suck! Tony Homo/Tony Turnover is terrible. I prefer college football over pro if you really wanted to know; but a football game of any type will suffice.

If you guys wanted to be politically correct they are NOT the Dallas cowgirls and never have been (they have never played or had a stadium in Dallas). They should be called the Irving Cowgirls, or now the Arlington Cowgirls. If you have ever been to the metroplex you find folks in Dallas don't care for those in Ft.Worth and vise-versa

I'm pulling for Farve, I have always been a fan of his. Hopefully they kill the saints!

Old 01-17-2010 | 08:07 PM
Good call man....... I respect you much more that you hate the Cowgirls and even more that you appreciate the Favre movement!

Old 01-18-2010 | 12:10 AM
|
Truck of the Month
Good call man....... I respect you much more that you hate the Cowgirls and even more that you appreciate the Favre movement!

I have been a Farve fan since way back! I just wish he would make up his mind retire or play; its pretty embarrassing!

I'm likely the only one in TX who voices their hatred for the Cowgirls. Needless to say I'm ALWAYS the odd man out because of either A) I talk chit about the cowboys and how they suck or B) I just don't care to watch there games when that is all everyone else wants to do around here.

When the Vikings started to run away today and Tony Turnover was crying I was installing a power tailgate lock

Last edited by FX4life; 01-18-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Conflicting Rear Suspension mods...