steering stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010 | 02:20 PM
|
steering stabilizer

i bought the fabtech dual steering stabilizer for my truck. it doesnt seem to have helped much. it didnt make the steering wheel any harder to turn. and there is play in the steering wheel. could there be something wrong with my steering. any help would be greatly appreciated. Also the ride did not improve.

Old 01-17-2010 | 03:02 PM
|
anyone wanna chime in?

Old 01-17-2010 | 03:57 PM
The stabilizers only help when the wheels are jerked rapidly to one direction or the other. You should not feel them under normal circumstances. If anything it should make the wheel feel a little more solid when driving over uneven surfaces.

You shouldn't feel the wheel get tighter under normal driving. If you tried to turn the wheel as fast as possible you might start to feel the damping but it is unlikely as your power steering is hydraulic and is very powerful.

A small amount of play in the steering wheel is normal to a extent. Ford uses rubber bushings and connectors to remove vibrations and rattles from being transfered to the steering wheel. If you are able to really turn the wheel say a 1/4 of a turn, and the wheels are not turning, I'd check the system out.

Hope this helps at all.

Quick Reply: steering stabilizer