12" Rize for cheap??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its the same notch needed on most basic 6" lifts. cut the crossmember bracket in the rear on the driver side. for the dif clearance. no biggy. it should already be done with your kit.

i put mine on today in about 2 hours. i did already have the truck torn down though, but it was very very easy to install. same basic stuff.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
its the same notch needed on most basic 6" lifts. cut the crossmember bracket in the rear on the driver side. for the dif clearance. no biggy. it should already be done with your kit.

i put mine on today in about 2 hours. i did already have the truck torn down though, but it was very very easy to install. same basic stuff.
Ok sounds good too me. What else am i going to need to buy for thsi kit to work like extended brake lines or what else am i still missing besides the rear lift. I will be going with a 6inch blocks for the rear sense i have a 6inch leaf pack but eventually save the money for either the new traction bars or just some new leaf packs like what you got as well. Do you already have an aftermarket drive shaft or no? Will i be able to drive it to a place that can make me a driveshaft after the lift is installed or do i get it first? How did you go about this step? What about my rear setup with the pinion angle bc i have a shim back there now and i dont know what degree it is but i just know its there. Should i leave it back there when i get my new blocks put in or no? How will i be able to tell if its ok to leave it on or take it off?Sorry for all the questions haha.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 01-18-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 PM
okay, the kit comes with the brake lines for the front. nothing else is needed for the lift in the front.

I dont have an after market DS, and from what it looks like i will be able to drive it to a shop to get it done.
for the pinion degree i dont know what the spec for it is. mine looks nice haha no U joint binding or anything the pinion is pointing to the Tcase and is in a straight line.

My truck isnt in any way shape or form to drive, no front axle, no brakes on it, and a couple other things missing. i just put the kit on to see what the ride height is.

heres a shot and what your gonna be looking like! and this is with a 40" tire.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 PM
okay, the kit comes with the brake lines for the front. nothing else is needed for the lift in the front.

I dont have an after market DS, and from what it looks like i will be able to drive it to a shop to get it done.
for the pinion degree i dont know what the spec for it is. mine looks nice haha no U joint binding or anything the pinion is pointing to the Tcase and is in a straight line.

My truck isnt in any way shape or form to drive, no front axle, no brakes on it, and a couple other things missing. i just put the kit on to see what the ride height is.

OMG dude it looks sick. Well thats good that we can atleast drive it to get the drive shat worked on and such. I dont have money for leaf packs right now so im gonna run an 8inch block/hardware in the mean time. Getting it from another member here and only thing i gotta pay for is shipping. Did you get rear brake lines? I am finalizing the purchase tomorrow so it should be here early next week i think. But when i was talking to Matt on the phone he said they didnt have anything for the front brake lines in the kits? But your saying they do so i guess so.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:29 PM

looks siiick man...what size tires u planning? doesnt look too bad with 40's

Old 01-20-2010, 12:46 AM
im not sure why he would say that, i have them in the kit and i go it from leveling pros. I dont have brakes hooked up on the truck yet, im smoothing out my back axle and doing a little work on it and im gonna plumb stainless steel hard lines and make a new flex line for the rear in a week or so.

and thanks guys!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Looks SICK man... love the look!! wish I had the funds to go bigger!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
im not sure why he would say that, i have them in the kit and i go it from leveling pros. I dont have brakes hooked up on the truck yet, im smoothing out my back axle and doing a little work on it and im gonna plumb stainless steel hard lines and make a new flex line for the rear in a week or so.

and thanks guys!
Also what did you get measurements for a rear driveshaft or what you doing about that? What size shock are you gonna run in the rear or whats the travel?

Quick Reply: 12" Rize for cheap??