Question for those with an 04-07 Rancho lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question for those with an 04-07 Rancho lift

I'm currently running the AS 2.5 level with a 1.5" AAl on my 05 4x4 and seriously thinking about the Rancho lift now that they are on sale. Will I be able to run a 17x8.5 wheel with 5.3" backspace and 35x12.5 tires without issues ?

Also I installed the AAL so the backend wouldn't sag when I pull my boat, if I leave it when I install the lift will the truck sit too high in the back or will I have to remove it from the spring pak ?

Thanks

Old 03-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you find them on sale?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Robert B
Where did you find them on sale?
There is a $500 rebate on them now thru August.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:30 AM
bump for ya

Old 03-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog'em
I'm currently running the AS 2.5 level with a 1.5" AAl on my 05 4x4 and seriously thinking about the Rancho lift now that they are on sale. Will I be able to run a 17x8.5 wheel with 5.3" backspace and 35x12.5 tires without issues ?

Also I installed the AAL so the backend wouldn't sag when I pull my boat, if I leave it when I install the lift will the truck sit too high in the back or will I have to remove it from the spring pak ?

Thanks
The Rancho lift let's you run the stock wheels so those should be OK. If you leave the leveling kit on with the lift you may be higher in the front even with the AAL. Just a guess, maybe someone will chime in with some better info.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:51 AM
If you leave the leveling kit and the extra leaf on with the lift, you will be an inch or more higher in the front.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Keeks
If you leave the leveling kit and the extra leaf on with the lift, you will be an inch or more higher in the front.
Thanks for the info guys, I figured the wheels would be ok. I want to remove the level kit if I go with the Rancho but was curious about leaving the 1.5" aal and if it would sit too high in the back with the new lift block.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:02 PM
You most likely will have a little rake after removing the level kit and leaving the 1.5" AAL. Might not be a bad thing if you pull your boat a lot. The Rancho block is 4.5 inches. Give it a try and if too high in the back, just replace with a shorter block.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks Keeks. What sizes of blocks do they make or would it be easier to have a machine shop just cut the larger block down some for a custom fit ?

Old 03-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
I'd wait untill the lift's on and see how it look's because the Rancho 4" is closer to a 5" lift. Does the kit you bought come with the Rancho shock's?

Old 03-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
I'd wait untill the lift's on and see how it look's because the Rancho 4" is closer to a 5" lift. Does the kit you bought come with the Rancho shock's?
Have not pulled the trigger yet with a purchase. I've been interested in the Rancho kit for some time now and I see they are now offering a rebate so I may have to get serious. The kits that I have looked at come with Rancho shocks which my truck will be about ready for if and when that time comes.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my lift on for nearly a year now and here's what I recommend:
The Rancho lift plus a 1" or 1.5" spacer in the future would still make the truck look and handle perfectly. The lift will give you just about 5" so adding a small spacer, you can achieve 6-6.5" in the future. I've seen pics with a 2" spacer and the CV angles are brutal but with a 2.5"...I think you're asking for probs. The CV angles with the Rancho are almost stock but there is a slight angle there so I wouldn't go too crazy with the spacer...if you want a lift that's 6" with an option to go higher, then I think you should stick with a Fabtech/ProComp/etc. or other true 6" or 8" lift.

As for the rear, keep the AAL and you can get a 3" block. Your OEM block is just about 2" so rather than stack blocks, replace the old block with the 3" block plus your AAL would give you a slight rake which would be perfect when loaded or towing. Of course it could vary with every truck but lifting the rear is cake, so you can do a little trial and error.

BTW, just today I added a 1" Daystar spacer on top of my Rancho. I bought Indo's Diamo Karats and they're wider with less backspace than my Helo Maxx's. The extra lift looks incredible and now I don't rub when in reverse. CV angles look great too, plus the 1" Daystar is only $40 bucks. My truck sits perfectly level, but I need to do something to lift the rear as I want a slight rake...

Good luck and post pics!

Last edited by StoveTop; 03-06-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks Stovetop for the info but I am not planning on leaving the level kit on if I go with the Rancho. I want the minimal amount of lift to clear 35's and provide a great ride. My level kit with 20's is not the best on trails or back-roads.

You said you had rubbing before adding the Daystar, what were the specs on your old rims ?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dog'em
Thanks Stovetop for the info but I am not planning on leaving the level kit on if I go with the Rancho. I want the minimal amount of lift to clear 35's and provide a great ride. My level kit with 20's is not the best on trails or back-roads.

You said you had rubbing before adding the Daystar, what were the specs on your old rims ?
Let me be clear, I had no rubbing when I had my 2" leveling kit and when I replaced it with my Rancho lift. The rubbing occured after installing the Diamo Karats. Those rims are 18x10s and have less backspacing than my 18" Helo Maxx's. I still have the Helo's in the garage so I will measure the backspace and post back.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by StoveTop
Let me be clear, I had no rubbing when I had my 2" leveling kit and when I replaced it with my Rancho lift. The rubbing occured after installing the Diamo Karats. Those rims are 18x10s and have less backspacing than my 18" Helo Maxx's. I still have the Helo's in the garage so I will measure the backspace and post back.
Got it. It's amazing how much wheel width and backspace can effect tire rub on these trucks even with a suspension lift.

Quick Reply: Question for those with an 04-07 Rancho lift