whats up with this? Ford Problem Maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog'em
How can the bed be off to one side if all lines are equal with the cab ? Is the whole thing sitting crooked on the frame ? Not trying to be a smart **** but this thread kind of took a negative turn and I am just curious.
hell honestly i didnt think it could move side-to-side. plus one thing i read on a google search is that ford has to offset there axles sometimes to make the drive-train line up but who knows how accurate that is.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:24 PM
this is common with all trucks. nothing to worry about.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could be the bed is misaligned or the axle could be a bit off. Either way its not a big deal as long as everything is tight.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
This topic has been up at least 15 times, yes Ford NBS trucks tend to have this problem. Nothing to worry about or even post about, if it bothers you get a wheel spacer. Wheel spacers are safe if they are not the cheap ones. You dont see me posting about how one of my mirrors sits higher than the other, which it does.
haha then put a wheel spacer on your mirrors.....LOL YA thats how stupid you sound.....saying to put one wheel spacer on....geeez

Old 03-07-2010, 08:23 PM
If your going to bitch and moan about one wheel being farther out, get a small wheel spacer and make them even.

Obvisously you haven't read the thread or you are ignorant as ****.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Actually if you were to lift your truck off the ground your axles would move in and out a bit if you pushed in and pulled out on the tire. This may explain the optical shift.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
If your going to bitch and moan about one wheel being farther out, get a small wheel spacer and make them even.

Obvisously you haven't read the thread or you are ignorant as ****.
i have read the thread......why not fix it the right way?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
He has no bed bolts I believe so he can't shift the bed over, if its not his axle shifted then use the spacer idea. Boom theres the best answer I can come with.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
i like how a simple question has turned into a bitch fight on the internet.

soooo anyway i do have bed bolts but i seriously doubt it is misaligned i went out and looked it over very good and the bed looks good compared to the cab. i may just jack it up myself tomorrow and see if i notice anything wrong with the axle.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't know if it could be a defect in the wheel, mabey switch it to the other side and see if it still looks the same. Just a thought.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by THEVILLE89
hmmm ok i did a search before i posted and only one thread came up and only 3 post were made and nothing was really said. Im just wondering if its a problem or not i can deal with how it looks if theres nothing wrong with it. Excuse me for asking, i guess your pissed about florida getting beat by uk again or something but theres no need to be a *****.
Originally Posted by Dog'em
How can the bed be off to one side if all lines are equal with the cab ? Is the whole thing sitting crooked on the frame ? Not trying to be a smart **** but this thread kind of took a negative turn and I am just curious.
one way to fix it:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/be...-line-xed.html
and another different one:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...alignment.html
heres another thread discussing it all:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...have-f150.html

happy searching everyone...

Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 AM
FWIW... if your behind my truck looking along th driver side.. the bed is offset to the rght from the cab by an inch. Been like that since I bought it. They also had to repaint the door jams at the dealer because they didnt spray them at the factory...

Old 03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
well i went out and took some measurements just now. First i took some of the bed on both sides in-relation to the cab and the bed seems straight. Then i measured from the frame rail to the outer edge of the tire tread and the passenger side is 19 1/2 inches. Then i measured the driver side the same way it is 18 3/4 inches. So that's basically .75 inch difference. I measured both tires and they are the same. I also measured from the ground to the top edge of the bumper on the side. the passenger side is 29 1/2 inches and the driver side is 28 1/2 inches. i looked over the axle really good and too me it doesn't seem like it has moved. So now im going to put the front tire on the back to see if there is a difference.

so basically my conclusion is......... well, im still not sure.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
you got new wheels right, maybe they sent you a differnt offset or backspaing for one wheel and maybe thats why it is off

Old 03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
thats what im about to check. but after reading a 9 page thread about this on another forum i have come to the conculsion that some of these trucks are like this and some arent and it doesnt really affect anything other then looks. Hell one guy noted how he went and measured new f150's and the passenger side was off by some amount on all of them. This was in late 09 by the way so fairly recent.

Quick Reply: whats up with this? Ford Problem Maybe?