whats up with this? Ford Problem Maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was starting to wonder if I was on the right FORUM!! I sure hope if I have a concern about my F150 I can post it and get some feed back on what the problem maybe or how to fix it;with out worry!!! So Theville89 I take it some Fords are like that and the axle isn't going to come out driving down the road? I've never noticed that before. I will have to check mine.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 PM
well if you look back to the last page somebody posted a few links about this. One of them was on another f150 forum and seemed to be about the newer f150's 09-10 with a few mentioning recent years.

From what i read quite few f150's have this problem all throughout the years. And it doesn't really seem to be an axle misalignment. The consensus seemed to be that the bed and cab are a bit off, but the chassis, frame and stuff is lined up right. Everyone seems to think its fine. I still want to go to ford but i no without them even looking at it the first thing they will say is its your new wheels.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:45 AM
i think the rear bumper may be sitting to the left if you look at the top of the bumper and the edge of the bed or posibble axle -suspension shift i think we really need 20 or 30 more pictures to get too the bottom of this problem and avoid any sleepless nights just kidding anyway i would think you could adjust this out maybe with u-bolt on the axle to leaf springs

Last edited by cwthill; 03-09-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 AM
well i measure the bumper to the bed, the frame to the bed and the bed to the cab and they are all perfect. the bed, cab and bumper is all straight. Honestly im thinking the axle may have shifted. Cuz like i noted earlier the outer edge of the tread to the frame on the left side is 18 3/4 and the right side is 19 1/2. So i think has either shifted or i have one f-ed up wheel.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by THEVILLE89
Honestly im thinking the axle may have shifted. Cuz like i noted earlier the outer edge of the tread to the frame on the left side is 18 3/4 and the right side is 19 1/2. So i think has either shifted or i have one f-ed up wheel.
Did the tech say anything about the axle shifted when you got the alignment? I believe this was checked when I had my alignment done.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Keeks
Did the tech say anything about the axle shifted when you got the alignment? I believe this was checked when I had my alignment done.
well after i went and picked up my truck it kept bothering me how the wheel stuck out so i called him. The tech was my fiancee's step dad and i asked him if he noticed it. And he said no and hes not sure what could be wrong with it. But then again he wasnt really looking for that.

Quick Reply: whats up with this? Ford Problem Maybe?