Baja Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Friend is an Idiot, and ill be an A$$, For one, 38's one a LT kit will smash your cab into your feet unless you move the cab back, and go with a 1-piece front end. And no it wont give you that much lift. The only lift the kit provides is where you set your coil height at by turing them up/down on the C/O. Or if there is a lift built into the spindle..which i have not seen more than 2-3in on any Full LT kits, only Mid-ravel.

Hell, my LT kit im building will sit at same if not lower than the 3.5 lift spindles that were on it. Thats with 37in tires.

Now the price comes into play..

you ready to drop $2-3K just on shocks?
Then another $3-4K on the suspension?

Oh and if you want your to the sky lift tires, your gonna need to upgrade your hubs/snouts to handle the 38's there is another $2K+

Then tubing for the shock hoops, Fiberglass fenders to clear your SICKKKK MT 38's on your "Baja kit"

Lets see, your at about $10-11K.... and thats just in the front. Good luck with that. And be sure to post pics of this Epic Fail for us! k thanx bye!

Call fabtech and get a 7.5in crossmember kit and some lift blocks. Do you even have desert in florida?

Last edited by a7x_nocturnal; 03-23-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by a7x_nocturnal
Your Friend is an Idiot, and ill be an A$$, For one, 38's one a LT kit will smash your cab into your feet unless you move the cab back, and go with a 1-piece front end. And no it wont give you that much lift. The only lift the kit provides is where you set your coil height at by turing them up/down on the C/O. Or if there is a lift built into the spindle..which i have not seen more than 2-3in on any.

Hell, my LT kit im building will sit at same if not lower than the 3.5 lift spindles that were on it. Thats with 37in tires.

Oh and if you want your to the sky lift tires, your gonna need to upgrade your hubs/snouts to handle the 38's there is another $2K+

Then tubing for the shock hoops, Fiberglass fenders to clear your SICKKKK MT 38's on your "Baja kit"

Lets see, your at about $10-11K.... and thats just in the front. Good luck with that. And be sure to post pics of this Epic Fail for us! k thanx bye!

Call fabtech and get a 7.5in crossmember kit and some lift blocks. Do you even have desert in florida?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your Friend is an Idiot, and ill be an A$$, For one, 38's one a LT kit will smash your cab into your feet unless you move the cab back, and go with a 1-piece front end. And no it wont give you that much lift. The only lift the kit provides is where you set your coil height at by turing them up/down on the C/O. Or if there is a lift built into the spindle..which i have not seen more than 2-3in on any.

Couldn't have been said any better! haha

Old 03-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Your guys are all jerks.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Hey im just saving him some $$$ right. LOL

Old 03-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Old 03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Old 03-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by b2therad
WOW!

Drop down just screams no no no! So much stress on that upper arm with shocks being mounted off it..And it looks like 1-1.25 tubing..Wow. Just wow.

Im really suprised that some people make stuff like this and feel safe with people driving on them..let alone off-road.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by HJDF150
why on earth would you wanna lift up your truck 10 inches and put 38's on it if it is 2wd?
That is what I was thinking about and I like the look of a truck that high. I wish my truck was 4wd but it is only 2 so that is what I am stuck with.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Also I just want to thank all of you guys for being complete a$$ holes and making it seem like I am a complete idot. I was just asking a question cause I just got my truck and I am looking at what to do with it.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Well instead of making a worthless post, do a little research 1st. then ask some questions once you have a little bit of info so you can contribute more info..Like your budget, what exactly you want. And not just "baja kit"

Google and Yahoo are not hard to use.

BTW, i never said you were and idiot..just your friend who suggested a "baja kit" cause he obviously has no idea what it really is and capable of. And to put 38's on it.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nettershakes
Your guys are all jerks.
can't believe a guy just asks a question about what another guy told him and you guys rip him a new one! this is a forum for questions and the only dumb one is the one not asked! glad you guys don't reply to any of mine.

lets just say not everyone IS AN ALMIGHTY OFFROAD LIFT THE HELL UP TRUCK GODS YOU ALL CLAIM TO BE!

you know the thing about a$%holes is everybody has one! now rip me a new one for telling you how your attitudes are!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by jjntj2003
can't believe a guy just asks a question about what another guy told him and you guys rip him a new one! this is a forum for questions and the only dumb one is the one not asked! glad you guys don't reply to any of mine.

lets just say not everyone IS AN ALMIGHTY OFFROAD LIFT THE HELL UP TRUCK GODS YOU ALL CLAIM TO BE!

you know the thing about a$%holes is everybody has one! now rip me a new one for telling you how your attitudes are!

That makes two people that have multiple a$$holes. Technically not everyone would have one then.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by b2therad

That makes two people that have multiple a$$holes. Technically not everyone would have one then.
Alright this thread went from fake lift kits to dark smelly holes.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Well instead of making a worthless post, do a little research 1st. then ask some questions once you have a little bit of info so you can contribute more info..Like your budget, what exactly you want. And not just "baja kit"

Google and Yahoo are not hard to use.

BTW, i never said you were and idiot..just your friend who suggested a "baja kit" cause he obviously has no idea what it really is and capable of. And to put 38's on it.
Well I looked on Google for about an hour before I posted this thread. I didn't find anything so that is why I posted asking to see if this was a real kit or not. From the responce I have gotten I am going to go with that this kit isn't good for what I want to do with my truck.

Quick Reply: Baja Lift Kit