Camburg Mid-Travel

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camburg Mid-Travel

So here is my new toy.. 2007 Pearl White Supercab. I picked her up stock about 3 weeks ago..

I then called up Camburg and picked up their 7.0 Midtravel kit. Found some Pro Comp 1028's on Race-Dezert and some 35x12.5 Pro Comp Xterrains down in San Diego. Picked everything up in one weekend. Dropped the wheels off for powdercoat the same day. Left for travel and then hauled home so I could get to work on it. Finally got everything on her..

Shes got 12inches of wheel travel, uniball spindles, tubular uppers, Sway-Away coilovers, and full heim steering..

The rims are 17x8.5 Pro Comp 1028's powdercoated bronze with 35x12.5r17 Pro Comp Xterrain tires..

Just waiting for some funds for the Fiberwerx Fiberglass fenders and valance. Then a front tube bumper hopefully built by Brenthel Industries. What do you guys think? Its hard to tell but the wheels are a dark bronze with metallic flake.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Looks awesome man. Cant wait to see everything else done. I really am starting to like the look of pre runners

Old 03-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Very nice! Should look great with fiberglass!
What have you done/are you doing with the rear suspension?

Old 03-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

looks great man. cant wait to see it done

Old 03-23-2010, 01:02 AM
That thing looks amazing, please take some better pictures of the entire steering for me.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Holy **** that looks great. Any rubbing issues right now? I know you just got this done and probably haven't had much of a chance to play with it, but look fwd to reviews. Can't wait to see the finished product also. We need more pre-runner eff one fitties on this site lol.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
looks good man, hurry up and get them fenders on!

Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks a lot everyone! The pictures don't do it justice, the color of the truck and the wheels just pop in the sun. The rearend is stock for now but I might be getting a pretty good deal on some sway away piggybacks. They are direct replacementsfor our stock shocks but they do wonders. Hoping to pick those up after the fiberglass.

Unfortunately the tires do rub a little bit. It's nothing drastic but it is kind of annoying. It probably wouldn't if I cranked the coilovers at all but I don't want to raise the front anymore than it is. The spindle has 4.5 inch lift built into it and then the coilovers are adjustable up to 3 inches. Right now the coils aren't cranked at all.

I'm thinking about getting a saleen grille painted to match the wheels and have the surround painted to match the truck. What do you guys think?

I'm goingto try and take some more pictures today guys. Thanks for all the replies.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Awesome Camburg products as always..Who did you deal with there? Scott or Jeff?

Old 03-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Wow, looks amazing, I plan on doing the same exact thing this summer...did you do the install yourself??? If so how hard was it???

Old 03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
I actually dealt with Scott and Jeff.. Both awesome guys who really know what they are talking about. I had a problem with one of the spindles so they told me to cruise on over.. 30 minutes after I got there I had a brand new spindle, resevior mounts welded to my frame, my brake lines ran down both spindles, and everything retightened and lock tight thrown on it.. All on the house since I had to drive 3 hours to get there.

I did do the install myself but if I could go back I'd probably have Camburg do it.. Way easier and it just eases the mind knowing that a shop that builds trophy trucks put your front end on!! But for the most part its a pretty easy install, but lets just say that suspension is built to not come off.. So taking off some of the stock stuff (such as steering, lower shock mount, spindle) was a pain!! And playing with spindles, rotors, and calipers.. and trying to position the upper arm just right.. then shove the whole assembly onto a little balljoint and hold that beast while you tighten it down... gets a LITTLE challenging.

Now on to the pics..
Steering1

Steering2

Coilover/Spindle

I really wish I could take a picture that does this truck justice.. The Pearl White looks soo dull when in reality its the exact opposite..

Old 03-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I wanna see some action pictures! Looks awesome!

Quick Reply: Camburg Mid-Travel