4 inch lift good quality and resonable price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010 | 05:03 PM
|
Originally Posted by verifine-f-150
i have pics in my album not sure how to post correctly, if your gonna do a 4" lift get the rancho you will not be disappointed, mine rides about the same if not better then stock with the rancho shocks. I would recommend this kit to anyone. If you go with a 6" go with BDS or Fabtech, pro comp these are the best IMO
wow good lookin truck, what kind of shocks did u get from rancho, i think there r different ones, im not sure what all the difference r in them. and when u instaled the lift did u have to reline anything, im sure the tires had to be relined but what about gears and other parts that u mess with?? is it all just bolt on and go?? just woundering what all is need to be done when installing the lift and what to do after the lift is what im trying to ask

Old 03-24-2010 | 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by wingman4
$1200 for Rough Country 4" and $1300 for Rough Country 6". I don't think any one of here has tried their 4" lift for the '04 - '08 F150s but a few have the 6" from them and like it. There's really not much difference between the '09/'10 models and ours as far as the clearing tires goes

Anyone know what the backspace parameters are on the 4" Rough Country lift ?

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dog'em
Anyone know what the backspace parameters are on the 4" Rough Country lift ?
Their website says 4.5".

Old 03-25-2010 | 01:38 AM
|
so looked at the rough country 6inch lift and it was only 1400 which i thought was a good price for a 6 inch lift, whos running this set up, i may go with the 6inch for that price, but i also want a good quality lift that i can trust

Old 03-25-2010 | 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by truckin150
wow good lookin truck, what kind of shocks did u get from rancho, i think there r different ones, im not sure what all the difference r in them. and when u instaled the lift did u have to reline anything, im sure the tires had to be relined but what about gears and other parts that u mess with?? is it all just bolt on and go?? just woundering what all is need to be done when installing the lift and what to do after the lift is what im trying to ask

After the lift was on i got an alignment, my alignment was all wonky and wrecked one of my tires from driving like 10 miles. Hopefully once i get my tax return it will be new gears time!!! If i were you I would save up another 5-600 bucks and get a fabtech or BDS kit, both of these kits are probably the most popular and BDS has the best warranty available. If i were to do it all over again i wouldve got the Fabtech Stage 2 kit but theres always the next truck

Old 03-25-2010 | 11:36 AM
|
After the lift was on i got an alignment, my alignment was all wonky and wrecked one of my tires from driving like 10 miles. Hopefully once i get my tax return it will be new gears time!!! If i were you I would save up another 5-600 bucks and get a fabtech or BDS kit, both of these kits are probably the most popular and BDS has the best warranty available. If i were to do it all over again i wouldve got the Fabtech Stage 2 kit but theres always the next truck
dang man, u wrecked the tire just goin 10 miles, u must have had it in a bad strain im guessing, yea i thought about fabtech good guality, real good, but there like the most expensive, but if ur going to do it then do it right the first time i guess, whats the difference in all the stages, u said fabtech stage 2, how many stages r there?

Old 03-25-2010 | 01:10 PM
stage one uses a spacer for the front and stage 2 comes with coilovers for the front and rear i believe. I just got a good deal on the rancho that i couldnt pass up so thats what i went with..

Old 03-25-2010 | 02:46 PM
You should be able to run 35s with your leveling kit right now. That will give you time so you can save up for a lift.

Old 03-25-2010 | 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Yogi.kudos
You should be able to run 35s with your leveling kit right now. That will give you time so you can save up for a lift.

^^^ Do what he said ^^^ then get the best lift you can afford, dont compromise or you will never be happy

Old 03-25-2010 | 05:17 PM
^^^ Do what he said ^^^ then get the best lift you can afford, dont compromise or you will never be happy
I have a 2.5" spacers in the front of my truck and the 33" (325/60/18 Nitto Terra's) tires I have on it rub a little at the outside edge of the tire when I am turning the opposite direction to the outer edge (meaning facing to the front of the vehicle the left outside edge of the front tire catches a little when I back up to the left, only happens when I go in reverse, same with other side.....hope that made sense :-) )

I am looking also and like the OP I dont have a ton of money to drop on a Lift and want to get the most for my money. These posts are helpful though. I would like to move toward 35" tires so I guess its going to have to be the 6" lift.

Old 03-25-2010 | 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by VTHokieF150
Their website says 4.5".
I am assuming that is the minimum backspace. What would be the max ? Or is it designed for 4.5" and that is all that will work ?

Old 03-25-2010 | 08:42 PM
so looked at the rough country 6inch lift and it was only 1400 which i thought was a good price for a 6 inch lift, whos running this set up, i may go with the 6inch for that price, but i also want a good quality lift that i can trust
I have the rough country 6" lift and I love it. I don't know why rough country has so many haters, rough country makes a great quality product. The ride quality is better than what it was with the 3" leveling kit. The cheepest place to get it is WWW.NTWONLINE.COM .

Old 03-25-2010 | 10:04 PM
|
Originally Posted by mratlanta
I have the rough country 6" lift and I love it. I don't know why rough country has so many haters, rough country makes a great quality product. The ride quality is better than what it was with the 3" leveling kit. The cheepest place to get it is WWW.NTWONLINE.COM .
yea i like the rough country 6 inch its in my budget, put i also saw a procomp 6 inch around 1500, and ive heard procomp was good, im starting to look into the 6 inch now after posting this thread, but everyone has there own oppinion on different lifts

but the lifts ive found that interest me r
procomp
rough coutry
rancho
fabtech

but im trying to stay lower then 1500 in price to

and when u install a six inch lift, what else is need to be done besides just putting on the parts they give u, would the cv joint have problems or bad angles on the drive shaft etc.. what eles do i need to know??

Old 03-25-2010 | 10:16 PM
yea i like the rough country 6 inch its in my budget, put i also saw a procomp 6 inch around 1500, and ive heard procomp was good, im starting to look into the 6 inch now after posting this thread, but everyone has there own oppinion on different lifts

but the lifts ive found that interest me r
procomp
rough coutry
rancho
fabtech

but im trying to stay lower then 1500 in price to

and when u install a six inch lift, what else is need to be done besides just putting on the parts they give u, would the cv joint have problems or bad angles on the drive shaft etc.. what eles do i need to know??
These lifts are all good lifts I had no problems with the install, the angles in the front are close to factory if not the same because the lift came with drop brackets for the front axel. As for the cv's just check them over good and decide if you need to replace them, as it is easier to replace them when you already have the truck apart. Also on ntw's web site look at the suspension special that is the rough country lift.

Old 03-25-2010 | 10:29 PM
|
Originally Posted by mratlanta
These lifts are all good lifts I had no problems with the install, the angles in the front are close to factory if not the same because the lift came with drop brackets for the front axel. As for the cv's just check them over good and decide if you need to replace them, as it is easier to replace them when you already have the truck apart. Also on ntw's web site look at the suspension special that is the rough country lift.
ok cool, how would i know if the cv joints would be needed to be replaced, and if i did replace how much would it be and what kind would i need?

Quick Reply: 4 inch lift good quality and resonable price?