cheap but good lowering kits?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010 | 10:30 PM
|
cheap but good lowering kits?

Does anyone know where I can get a good cheap lowering kit from? I dont want it to ride like **** though. Is 2-4 pretty good or is 4-6 too much? I also have it on 265/35/22's so take that in consideration. please help!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2010 | 06:49 PM
I posted a nice long bit on this over on ftw a few months back. i'll copy it here for you when I find it. short story, "good aint cheap, and cheap aint good"

Old 03-29-2010 | 03:14 AM
Sorry, can't seem to find the thread I was referencing.

"Cheap" is never good. Inexpensive is hit or miss. You get what you pay for though. 2/4 will barely be noticeable, and once you do it, you're going to want to go lower, trust me. 4/6 is what mine is, and I still wanna go lower (actually sitting about 5/7 now..). Most of the 4/6 kits come with a notch because they flip the axle. This is not necessary. You will get a better ride if you use shackles, hangers, AND lowering leafs, and you won't have to notch it unless you plan to tow a lot. Only time I've ever hit my bumpstops was when I had an engine loaded right on the edge of my bed and went over some train tracks. Up front, if you drop more than 2" you will need to do something more than coils - either arms or spindles, or both. Even at just 2", you will have some difficulty in alignment, regardless of using the proper cam washers and bolts. Look at djm or cst suspension for your arms. Belltech makes nice spindles (I don't have experience with djm's spindles..). Lowering leafs can be found just from numerous vendors. Western chassis makes a very nice drop kit for our trucks, and they are a lil less expensive than some of the others out there. Top of the line, all out with spindles, springs, coils, shackles, hangers, and leafs, youre looking around a grand or so. Look for ebay deals on NAME BRAND suspension components, classifieds on the various forums, etc. A good, mid-range, QUALITY drop all around will set you back around 5-600. About 2-250 for lower arms, 100ish for coils. 2-300ish for the rear.

Old 03-29-2010 | 05:06 AM
Here's a link to the best prices on western chassis kits and components:

http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/F150_kits.html

Quick Reply: cheap but good lowering kits?