Pic Request

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010 | 07:13 PM
|
Pic Request

Hey everyone, so I will be coming into some cash around the october-june timeframe( getting deployed) and want to do a bunch of stuff to my truck.. HOWEVER i havnt decided whether i want to lift it, tires, etc. or go with the supercharger.

Does anyone have any pics of a 4" lifted f150 on 35's next to a stock 4x4 or one with a 2" leveling kit? thanks!

Old 03-30-2010 | 11:17 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

heres my dads stock 07 4x4 next to mine with a 6" and 35s
hope this helps

Old 04-01-2010 | 07:35 PM
|
wow that is a HUGE difference! lol.. Still cannot decide if i want the rancho 4" or a 6"

Old 04-02-2010 | 12:28 AM
go with a 6in. man, you'll only want bigger if you go 4in. another reason unless there is something like having to fit in a garage or something like that go with the 6in. cause they both cost about the same.

Old 04-02-2010 | 12:37 AM
^^ dont listen to that guy! He wants to put pontoons on a 4 wheeler !

Just kidding.. seriously.. go with the 6"

Old 04-02-2010 | 12:54 AM
I'd go with a 6" kit.

Old 04-02-2010 | 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by b2therad
^^ dont listen to that guy! He wants to put pontoons on a 4 wheeler !

Just kidding.. seriously.. go with the 6"
hey not any more. now i've started on a real project. im getting some money up to get a bronco and im going to SAS it and make it a big toy.

Old 04-02-2010 | 01:18 PM
Common question nowadays: 4" vs 6" lifts. Although I have the Rancho 4" kit, love it and think it's one of the best 6"-and-under kits around, the cost muddies the issue. The Rancho will give you nearly 5" and with a spacer/coilover, you can get 6" when you need it. With an out of the box 6", you can eventually add a spacer/coilover and go a few inches higher. So with all else being equal, you might as well go for the 6" lift to start out with, UNLESS you know you can't (clearance issues, garage, etc).

I went with a 4" cause of my garage plus two small kids and occasional car seats. I recently had to add a 1" spacer because of my new rims, and I think it looks great. But I think if I had a daily beater, I might've gone with a Fabtech 6" from the get go. Having said that, I love my Rancho and have absolutely no regrets. Good luck with your decision!

Old 04-02-2010 | 07:14 PM
|
Thank you so much guys for all the replies! How is the wear and tear on the front end with the 4 vs the 6? i have heard that the rancho kit pretty much keeps all the angles at stock.. Depending on how i go about my finances when i deploy i will either pay my truck completely off, or pay if mostly off and have some extra money to play with after. Either way the lift and tires are going on. If i have extra money left over, i REALLY want to go with the Ford Racing SC kit.

Old 04-02-2010 | 07:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by StoveTop
Common question nowadays: 4" vs 6" lifts. Although I have the Rancho 4" kit, love it and think it's one of the best 6"-and-under kits around, the cost muddies the issue. The Rancho will give you nearly 5" and with a spacer/coilover, you can get 6" when you need it. With an out of the box 6", you can eventually add a spacer/coilover and go a few inches higher. So with all else being equal, you might as well go for the 6" lift to start out with, UNLESS you know you can't (clearance issues, garage, etc).

I went with a 4" cause of my garage plus two small kids and occasional car seats. I recently had to add a 1" spacer because of my new rims, and I think it looks great. But I think if I had a daily beater, I might've gone with a Fabtech 6" from the get go. Having said that, I love my Rancho and have absolutely no regrets. Good luck with your decision!
Oh and BTW.. Your truck... PPPUUURRREEE SEX!

Old 04-02-2010 | 07:34 PM
Go with the 6" or you'll be back 6 months later looking to see how you can get a few more inches here or there. Install it yourself to save some cash as well, just takes some basic hand tools.

Old 04-02-2010 | 07:46 PM
|
Originally Posted by _cashel
Go with the 6" or you'll be back 6 months later looking to see how you can get a few more inches here or there. Install it yourself to save some cash as well, just takes some basic hand tools.
yeah, ill be installing it at the Auto Hobby shop on base.. Should be pretty easy to find someone who knows what they are doing, although all the lifted trucks around here are mostly f250's and 2500's..

Old 04-03-2010 | 02:49 PM
The Rancho gives you the option of running stock wheel's with the 35's vs. the 6" kit's Saves you around a grand to invest in other mod's like gear's, exhaust, a programmer etc. that you will need if you don't already have them.

Old 04-03-2010 | 04:55 PM
|
Originally Posted by PawPaw
The Rancho gives you the option of running stock wheel's with the 35's vs. the 6" kit's Saves you around a grand to invest in other mod's like gear's, exhaust, a programmer etc. that you will need if you don't already have them.
hmmm... never thought about that. im pretty sure the rancho 4" and 35's will be plenty high for what i will do.. I mean ****, my f150 with the 2.5" leveling kit sits ALMOST (less than an inch) as high as my buddies 1500 with a 6" lift. .

Old 04-03-2010 | 11:52 PM
Truck of the Month
I think some folks tell you to go 6 inches because they really weren't happy with a 4-inch lift for whatever reason. But I actually went from a 6-inch lift on my last truck to a 4-inch lift on my current truck and very happy with the decision and final look. I get about the same stance and more off road clearance that I wanted but kept the truck easier to use for hauling and/or getting kids and older folks in/out of the vehicle, and it still fits in standard sized garages. And quite honestly, with the Rancho 4-inch system anyway, it still looks almost as high and just as tough.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 04-03-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Pic Request