Icon Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon Coilovers

Okay, so this question is based off of my 2009 F-150 Platinum 4x4, but I'm assuming any answers, even from the 2004-2008 body style, would help out.

I want to put Icon coilovers on my truck. Can these be ran on the truck with the stock upper control arms (until I get my Total Chaos UCAs) without any negative repercussions?

Also, I am on a 6" Skyjacker lift on 35's. The wheels are 20x10 with 5.5" of BS/0 offset. Will there be any rubbing or anything?

The most important question I guess I have though is can I use the Icon coilovers on my lifted truck or do I have to have special longer versions of them? I don't see any different versions of them on the Icon website, regardless of the truck model year.

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 04-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe there is one other person that has Icon's on his 04-08 lifted truck and he swears by them (after trying out a few of the other higher end brands). I don't know the exact answers to your questions but I know he had to do a lot of trial and error w/ icon building his coilovers for him b/c his were the first set. Not sure if they make them for the '09-'10 trucks yet but you should probably call Icon and have your questions answered by them. I know for a fact I'm going w/ Icon's for my '07 after I get my lift on. Good luck and hopefully you find the info you're needing.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. Also, Icon probably only used one coilover to take pics for their website so don't go by the pics all looking the same.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I'm just trying to figure out if I need a different coilover, like a lengthened one? There website doesn't mention anything about lifted trucks

Old 04-11-2010, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered my icons. My local shop here in Chicago took a bunch of measurments (he actually called Icon - I can get you the name of the guy there, he works with them all the time - to make sure he had everthing they needed while the truck was there. They are now building my custom icons. The custom build is only like $150 more so definitely call them and let them tell you what they need to do it correct. I can't wait for mine to come in. Its going to be about 2 weeks.

YES - you need a lenghthed coilover for a lifted truck.

Quick Reply: Icon Coilovers