Installed Belltech Lowering Shackles

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010 | 12:31 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Installed Belltech Lowering Shackles

Just wanted to post up some pics of my brothers truck. We installed the Belltech 2" Lowering Shackles to the rear of his 08 F150. Was really straight forward once I had all the appropriate tools. We removed the wheels and lowered the spare. Just gave us more room to work. We did not add any shims and as of right now he says it drives better than it did before the shackles. Smooth with no vibrations. So we'll see if that stays but here are the before and after pics.

Before Lowering Shackles:

After Lowering Shackles:

You can see how much it dropped the back. Looks really nice now. He painted the wheels himself to tide him over until he can figure out/afford what he wants to do in the wheel & tire department.

Let me know what you think.

Old 04-09-2010 | 09:25 AM
Looks great!

Old 04-09-2010 | 01:00 PM
Small change that makes a big differnce, looks good! Did you measure to see what the actual drop was?

Old 04-09-2010 | 07:31 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Thanks guys. No I forgot to measure. But my angle is almost identical in both pictures so if you look at the top of the rear tire in both pictures you can see the difference relative to that seam at the top of the frame. You can also see where the leaf spring behind the rear wheel lines up with that line on top of the rocker panel. He's real happy with it though. I know this is a suspension forum, but what do you think he should do as far as wheels and tires? I like the black look since he has painted bumpers, but not real sure what to do. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2010 | 06:55 PM
good job on the drop!

Quick Reply: Installed Belltech Lowering Shackles