'07 Suspension Already Creaking???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010 | 09:45 AM
|
'07 Suspension Already Creaking???

I have a 2007 4x4, 2" autospring level kit. I'm already getting a creaking noise from the front end passenger-side suspension. I got my head in the wheel well and bounced the truck by pushing up on it, and I wasn't able to pinpoint the source. It doesn't happen when I'm turning or anything, but if I coast along and use the brake to get the front end to compress/rebound, I hear the creaking. It also seems to get worse as the truck warms up, which is odd.

What could be causing this? I would have thoughtthat a) its too early for the ball joints to go, and b) it would be making more noise as I turn. I have done some searching on this forum and google, one thing I want to try is to lubricate the bushings with some silicone. How do I do this? Do I just spray the lubricant all over the visible portion of the bushings? Any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-25-2010 | 03:57 PM
|
58 views and no response? It looks like I can grease the bushings by taking them off and using a silicone plumbers grease, however with 33k miles on the truck I'm taking it in to my guy to be looked at to make sure it doesn't need some pre-36k warranty work.

Old 04-25-2010 | 11:06 PM
My 2007 does the same thing and I am unable to find it and the dealer cant find it eather!

Old 04-29-2010 | 12:08 AM
I had squeeking also a looong time ago I gad to replace lower ball joints and upper control arms from 4 wheel parts then it happened again but I had lower ball joints they could lube and all it needed was them refilled with grease.

Old 04-29-2010 | 08:13 AM
|
So I just dropped my truck off, and told him about the symptoms (squeaking when going over bumps, or pressing down on the bumper), and without looking at it he said "Yep, common problem with the fords, ball joints are dried out". So I asked him if they could inject grease into it with the syringe type approach, and he said it won't work since it won't get all the way down into the ball joint. This isn't the guy I normally deal with, the regular guy knows me and would have had a conversation with me about it. Is this guy right about injecting grease into it not being enough? 33k miles on the truck.

Old 04-29-2010 | 10:45 PM
That sucks as my truck is making that same noise you are describing. My truck makes the noise usually when turning, under hard acceleration, going over bumps, and coming to a stop quickly.

Old 04-30-2010 | 08:50 AM
|
I picked up my truck and they said they couldn't reproduce the squeaking. I took them out the the lot and just lifted up on the wheel well a bit and it creaked a lil. He said they had been trying to push down and bounce the truck, well, it doesn't happen except when its just a little movement. He said it sounds like the bushings need to be greased. Rather than bring it back in today, and being stuck at work while they work on it, I'm going to take off early, shoot a round of golf, then do it myself.

Quick Reply: '07 Suspension Already Creaking???