Need replace rear springs *please help*

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010 | 05:07 PM
|
Need replace rear springs *please help*

I have a 97 F150 4x4 standard suspension. I have tried using the Firestone bags and have had 2 of them break off and rub against the tire puncturing them. The bolts have broken on the brackets and that is after even using good stainless bolts. I'm sure from having a huge load on a few times.

However, I'm tired of buying new bags at over $100 a piece.

My truck has tired springs in it, and the drivers side is quite a bit worse than the passenger.

I would like to put new(used) springs in it out of an F250 if possible. What, if any, springs will be a direct replacement and work with my truck? I tow a car trailer and dump trailer often. I want to be able to add quite a bit of towing capacity while keeping the rear level or close to it. The air bags worked well for this but I'd like a permanent solution in a spring if possible. Would some salvage yard springs off a 250 work in this case?

Thanks for any help.

Old 04-24-2010 | 05:16 PM
I would get custom springs made up that will give a good ride when unloaded, and will also handle the weight when needed. I don't think F250 springs will be your answer. Check into these progressive springs, BUT they are not cheap.

http://www.deaverspring.com/products/leafsfd.html

Old 05-01-2010 | 09:17 AM
|
Custom springs are out of the question. I'm looking for a low cost alternative. Whether it be some FX4 springs, F250 or whatever. Does anyone know if the springs will be a bolt in, or are they too long/wide?

Quick Reply: Need replace rear springs *please help*