Something weird happened after my suspension Install PLease Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010 | 06:47 PM
|
Something weird happened after my suspension Install PLease Help

Ok so i just got my truck lowered today. Its an 06' Lincoln Mark LT 4WD. I used the DJM 3.5" control arms for the front. The rear is the Flip kit, lift hangers, shocks and removed the lift blocks for a 4" drop.

Here is the strange issue that I totally assume has nothing to do with the drop.

Before the drop i would open my tailgate and the cables holding it would be solid. Now, after the drop, when i open the tailgate the cables arent solid. I can wiggle them with my fingers.

Very strange... anyone know what couldv'e happened? Is it still as strong as before?

Thanks
Dan

Old 05-02-2010 | 06:57 PM
Truck of the Month
Weird. Have you looked under there to see if something is wedged under the tailgate?

Old 05-02-2010 | 07:01 PM
Weird man. Does the tail gate drop all the way down as before or its just that it has slack in it when all the way down?

I don't think tail gates has the same amount strength with out the cables tightened but I could be wrong.

Old 05-02-2010 | 07:16 PM
|
Originally Posted by Stealth
Weird. Have you looked under there to see if something is wedged under the tailgate?
Great point.. Im gooing tocheck it out in a bit. Thanks

Old 05-02-2010 | 08:27 PM
Pics would be nice too

Old 05-02-2010 | 09:31 PM
Thinking the same thing, did they take off the rear bumper to access the shackles and install it too high. tailgate might be resting on the bumper. It happened on my 97 but it was a 1/2 in socket I left on my bumper. really wish I would have figured it out before I hoped up there

Old 05-03-2010 | 07:08 AM
If you tightened all the bolts before dropping the vehicle to the ground, you could have something bound up that may be twisted the bed. You should drop the vehicle to the ground before torquing bolts to spec. Also the plastic bushings should be greased before putting in place.

Old 05-03-2010 | 09:05 AM
|
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Weird man. Does the tail gate drop all the way down as before or its just that it has slack in it when all the way down?

I don't think tail gates has the same amount strength with out the cables tightened but I could be wrong.
The tail gate goes all the way down and then theres slack in the cables.

Old 05-03-2010 | 09:06 AM
|
I checked it out and there isn't anything there that shouldnt be.

Old 05-03-2010 | 09:10 AM
|
Originally Posted by Screw-Me-05
Pics would be nice too
I was going to post pics, but you wont see anything. Its really by feel... there is very little tension on the cables (they wiggle very easy to the touch). They used to be very tight, basically holding the tail gate up.

Old 05-03-2010 | 09:14 AM
|
Originally Posted by Jughed
Thinking the same thing, did they take off the rear bumper to access the shackles and install it too high. tailgate might be resting on the bumper. It happened on my 97 but it was a 1/2 in socket I left on my bumper. really wish I would have figured it out before I hoped up there
No they didn't touch the bumper or the tailgate. I was there for the whole instal. They just removed the wheels snd worked through there. Thats whats so confusing to me, and im scared to put any weight on it.

Old 05-03-2010 | 09:19 AM
|
Originally Posted by kingfish51
If you tightened all the bolts before dropping the vehicle to the ground, you could have something bound up that may be twisted the bed. You should drop the vehicle to the ground before torquing bolts to spec. Also the plastic bushings should be greased before putting in place.
I just left the installer a message to ask him if he did that.

Quick Reply: Something weird happened after my suspension Install PLease Help