Camburg uppers and coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010 | 08:43 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MeeKa88
Yet again, I love the jesters. Has anybody heard of some other UCAs that apparently make camburgs look like OEMs? Somebody was saying something like that...but regardless, camburgs are amazing and I'm looking to toss some on within a couple weeks...I can relate to the wife issue, my wife is yet to find out how much I've already spent
I mentioned these control arms in another thread you and I were involved in. OGTerror had them custom made by a company called Wicked Creations in Garden Grove, southern California. They were specifically designed to work with his 8" Rize lift kit. He met with me and some other members at Race Legal in San Diego so I got a first hand look at them; they are a beast, the largest uca's I've ever seen. The ball is massive and they use heim joints to mount/pivot to the frame. They cost him $1400 to fab and install.

Old 05-18-2010 | 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by rivydzl
I mentioned these control arms in another thread you and I were involved in. OGTerror had them custom made by a company called Wicked Creations in Garden Grove, southern California. They were specifically designed to work with his 8" Rize lift kit. He met with me and some other members at Race Legal in San Diego so I got a first hand look at them; they are a beast, the largest uca's I've ever seen. The ball is massive and they use heim joints to mount/pivot to the frame. They cost him $1400 to fab and install.
Thanks for the heads up man, I couldn't remember what the thread was where it was talked about...do you know if they were just a single time custom fab thing or would they take orders? I want to beef up my UCAs and figure, why not just go ***** out? haha. Thanks again rivydzl

Old 05-18-2010 | 11:25 PM
Suspended
They made them specifically for OG. I was trying to find the thread where he had a decent pic but after 30 min of searching through his threads I gave up. I'm going to change my front setup soon. I'm hoping to come up with something on my own with the help of a guy who used to work for me when I was in the Navy running the weld shop at the San Diego Naval base. He made himself a pair of ucas from chromoly with a decent size ball. I have ORW do a lot of the work for my truck. I mentioned the idea to them about making a one of a kind pair of ucas that dwarf the camburgs. They swear by the total chaos ucas, which are decent, but haven't had anyone asking for ones bigger than those. Maybe this will be my next project since I've pretty much finished my rear bumper and tire carrier. I started working on bed bars to mount some lights but the A.D.D. in me needs something else. I have been looking for a used pair of camburg or total chaos ucas to understand how they function. In reality, I could use the same design but make it bigger. I think a project like this, though, needs to be tackled on a case by case basis. OGTerror's ucas won't work on my setup since they were designed for his truck. That's probably why he had to pay so much. I have the resources to fab a pair but I need direction.

Old 05-19-2010 | 07:43 AM
Sounds like a good plan, unfourtinately I don't have the resources for making a pair myself, although my neighbor may...anyways, here's what OG sent me: http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forum...ead.php?t=2688
That's got some insane pics of his set up...its quite impressive to say the least. I figured they were made to order specifically for his truck. I'm planning on stopping by the local shop here to see what they can do for me since I'm good friends with the owner. We'll see what happens...my truck is a fairly new project so there's plenty of other little things that need doing so I might just knock all those out and see how much I can tear up the lil OEM UCAs haha.

Old 05-19-2010 | 08:29 AM
i have there uppers they cost me like 650 shipping
just got back from a trip nj to fl and back did alot of offroading down there and i love the camburg uppers
worth the money and install pretty is easy

Old 05-19-2010 | 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by mav015
i have there uppers they cost me like 650 shipping
just got back from a trip nj to fl and back did alot of offroading down there and i love the camburg uppers
worth the money and install pretty is easy
Nice, if ya don't mind me asking, where did ya get them from? I haven't heard of getting them for that low of a price.

Old 05-19-2010 | 05:03 PM
|
can i get pics of everyones setups please that would help me out and write down what setup you have...

Old 05-19-2010 | 09:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by MeeKa88
Nice, if ya don't mind me asking, where did ya get them from? I haven't heard of getting them for that low of a price.
Camburg UCAs are $599 direct from Camburg when I get mine a couple months ago. Just give them a call, they are nice folks.

Old 05-19-2010 | 09:26 PM
i just ordered me some total chaos ucas today should be here saturday. next to order some coilovers and then to begin the install of the ucas, coilovers, and new knuckles!

Old 05-20-2010 | 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by 06lariat4x4
can i get pics of everyones setups please that would help me out and write down what setup you have...

2007 FX4 Scab
8" Rize suspension
3" PA BL
38x15.5" Nitto mud graps
20" KMC XD Rockstar rims

check out mhockey's post about lifts for 04-08 F150s, he covered everything as far as what your options for lift kits/wheels/tires are
https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...n-04-08-a.html

Last edited by MeeKa88; 05-20-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2010 | 11:35 PM
Doing this exact set up in about a month, living in so cal i will also have camburg install it for me, taking off the 2.5 in leveling kit and slapping on the UCA's and the coil-overs, cant wait.

Old 05-21-2010 | 12:45 PM
i got them direct from camburg

Old 06-04-2010 | 11:55 PM
so will 5.71 backspacing fit with the camburg upper arms and coilovers it says 4.5 max

Old 06-05-2010 | 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by buckshot85
so will 5.71 backspacing fit with the camburg upper arms and coilovers it says 4.5 max
Yea, I am pretty sure your set.

Old 06-05-2010 | 03:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Without a suspension lift, wheels with that much backspacing are going to rub the control arms because they are larger than stock.

Quick Reply: Camburg uppers and coilovers