help w/ Bilstein 5100's

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010 | 11:24 PM
|
help w/ Bilstein 5100's

I've been lookin' at leveling my truck for some time now. Decided to go w/ the Bilstein 5100's instead of spacers. Order them from topguncustomz. They had'em in stock and they arrived when they said the would. Everything is just great......Except I didn't get any installation directions.?? Don't know which seat ring to use on the shock to get the 2 inch lift on the front. I'm assuming the seat that compresses the coil the least would be the one to use to raise the front the most. But honestly have know idea. Any of you guy/gals installed these and have suggestions? Also, I was looking for 3 different seat rings, (stock, 1", 2"). The shocks I received just have 2 seat rings....???

Old 05-31-2010 | 05:24 PM
Old 06-06-2010 | 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by slayer-G
I've been lookin' at leveling my truck for some time now. Decided to go w/ the Bilstein 5100's instead of spacers. Order them from topguncustomz. They had'em in stock and they arrived when they said the would. Everything is just great......Except I didn't get any installation directions.?? Don't know which seat ring to use on the shock to get the 2 inch lift on the front. I'm assuming the seat that compresses the coil the least would be the one to use to raise the front the most. But honestly have know idea. Any of you guy/gals installed these and have suggestions? Also, I was looking for 3 different seat rings, (stock, 1", 2"). The shocks I received just have 2 seat rings....???
Use the upper most seat ring, towards the top of the shock. That is the seat ring that would compress the coil the most thus providing the lift. While I don't have the Bilstein's yet, from what I have read they now only come with 2 setting options, stock or 2", hence the 2 seat rings on the shocks you received.

Old 06-06-2010 | 11:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

The higher ring gives more lift, while the lower ring is the stock setting.
Look at mine on the stock setting. You can see an unused ring above.

There are directions online somewhere. I've posted them i the past.
Here it is, click on the link in post #23 of this thread.

Quick Reply: help w/ Bilstein 5100's