Front End Creaking??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010 | 10:02 PM
|
Front End Creaking??

I have been having a sparatic creaking coming from my front end, I think it's balljoints...and have been told it is by a mechanic. It's on my 01 4x4 scab how hard is it to do the balljoints on these ??

Old 06-30-2010 | 10:21 PM
yea most likely it is the ball joints, not that hard to change, the top ones are easy, they just come with the whole a arms and you just unbolt the old ones and bolt on the new ones. The bottom one you need some kind of special tool for them. I didnt use this tool, i just unbolted the whole bottom arms with the torsion bars and took them to a shop and got them pressed out. But im sure it will be very easy with the tool.

Old 07-01-2010 | 02:35 AM
It is most likely to be the ball joints like ford97 said the top ones are easy the bottoms however are not but if you have a local O'Reilly's auto parts they rent a ball joint press tool thats what i did when i replaced mine it made it alot easier and they also rent a whole lot of different tool kit for different project that is if you want to do it your self or you can have a local shop do it for about four-five hundred dollars with alignment.

Quick Reply: Front End Creaking??