Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mmalcolm24
Here is the Girl Friends 2010 with the HD Bumper and grill

the truck in your sig is SICK!

Old 07-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hardrock3742
the truck in your sig is SICK!
Thats the old ladies summer toy. Got some plans coming for it this winter its not actually that low YET!!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by greencrew
Stock

Rear block removed levels it

4x2 shocks lowers the front to bring some rake back.

did you use the FX2 springs witht the shocks or just shocks? is there a differance in the springs?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by pops1fifty
did you use the FX2 springs witht the shocks or just shocks? is there a differance in the springs?
The springs on the 4wd and 2wd are the same part and the 2wd frt shock is the same length as that for the 4wd, but the spring perch is a good 1" lower down the body...so the 2wd front end sits over an 1" lower than a 4wd. The shock mounts to the lower control arm only part the way from the inner pivot point (bushings) and outer (ball joint) so the 1" at the shock is more than an inch at the wheel.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Alot of great lookin trucks here. As some of you know, my 2wd truck is dropped. And now im wanting to drop my 4x4 truck too, but heres the thing. Pretty much every one i talk too is saying it wont work, all my drive shafts n such will bind up, not work right, etc. They dont want me to do it, but i would like too. The lower stance fits me better imo.

SO heres me question to you 97-03's. If i did about 4-5" rear drop, and matched the front to sit level (3"? could i get that drop from stock keys? im leveled but not sure after market or stock), would i have ANY issues with my 4x4 not working properly, or at all. I know i'll need shims to fix my rear pinion angle.But anything special to the front? As if i do this, my 4x4 has to be functional 100%.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by 97madness
Alot of great lookin trucks here. As some of you know, my 2wd truck is dropped. And now im wanting to drop my 4x4 truck too, but heres the thing. Pretty much every one i talk too is saying it wont work, all my drive shafts n such will bind up, not work right, etc. They dont want me to do it, but i would like too. The lower stance fits me better imo.

SO heres me question to you 97-03's. If i did about 4-5" rear drop, and matched the front to sit level (3"? could i get that drop from stock keys? im leveled but not sure after market or stock), would i have ANY issues with my 4x4 not working properly, or at all. I know i'll need shims to fix my rear pinion angle.But anything special to the front? As if i do this, my 4x4 has to be functional 100%.

I haven't had any issues with 4x4 with mine since I did the belltech 3/5 drop, other than I'm riding on the factory bumpstops up front, because I didn't like their yellow ones, and I haven't had a chance to cut the black factory ones down.

The stance is more bulldog than level, because you can only take so much out of the front. So maybe 3" down in the back. I could have gone down less in the back with that kit, but I wanted max drop all around.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Yea, i plan to match the rear with the front. I know coobies is running chevy keys to get a bit more drop. I'm waiting for him to chime in. I'd like to do this as i dont run the truck off road but once a twice a year for the heck of it. Plus i would be able to get it in the garage again.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:02 PM
you will be fine. there was a guy who posted in here saying he took out his torsion bars and flipped them and switched sides and that got him about as low as me and kp, and he did that using the stock keys.
when you do the front, just unbolt the bumpstops and cut them in 1/2 or to your liking and comfort level. and get camber bolts so you can get it aligned....somewhat hahahaha.

i've been at my drop for a good while now, maybe 30k miles or more, and when i've had to use 4wd (pulled jake out in his f250 in some sand on the beach) i never had a problem with it. cv angles are almost horizontal.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 PM
alright. thanks for that info. may be joining the club in a few months now when i get the cash, and some tires for it lol. Did you guys keep running the stock height tires for the 4x4 trucks? Or did you drop down a size or two?

Old 09-13-2011, 04:21 PM
stock 255/70/16 pretty much the only size tire i'm going to stick with until i get some 03-04 Lightning wheels

Old 09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Did you guys keep running the stock height tires for the 4x4 trucks? Or did you drop down a size or two?
20"s ftw. The 20"s I did first, and cleaned up a lot of generally floppiness, but it would still roll hard.

It took the drop & swaybar kit to finish it off. Mine handles like a go kart now, I did the swaybar kit and the drop at the same time, so I'm not sure which did more, but the total package is like night and day with stock height/tires and only a small front factory bar.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by kp02-150
20"s ftw. The 20"s I did first, and cleaned up a lot of generally floppiness, but it would still roll hard.

It took the drop & swaybar kit to finish it off. Mine handles like a go kart now, I did the swaybar kit and the drop at the same time, so I'm not sure which did more, but the total package is like night and day with stock height/tires and only a small front factory bar.
front or rear swaybar? i put new endlinks on my front because my stock bushings were exploded and some of them were missing hahahahaha.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by coobies5
you will be fine. there was a guy who posted in here saying he took out his torsion bars and flipped them and switched sides and that got him about as low as me and kp, and he did that using the stock keys.
how exactly did he "flip" the bars? I know he went form lifted, to lowered. Just not sure.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
how exactly did he "flip" the bars? I know he went form lifted, to lowered. Just not sure.
just slide them out and flip them hand over hand hahahahaha, then swap from left to right and right to left. at least, that is how i'm understanding it to be.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 AM
I've done both ways now, my white truck was keys my orange was flipping the torsion bars front to back and switching left to right... I will say flipping the bars gets you the lowest you can go! Now I'm aiming on finding/ making control arms so my angles aren't as bad on the ball joints. I bought the 4" drop shackles from Jonny lightning took out the blocks and installed lightning springs... Now it's c-notch time! Flipping the torsion bars requires another alignment in about a month or you will ruin tires I know!

Quick Reply: Official Lowered 4x4 thread