Shock Gurus

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010 | 01:12 AM
|
Shock Gurus

Hey, so i put some bilstiens 5100's up front and back a while back. I havent been pleased with my ride to say the least lol. I know best option would be coil overs but who makes a nice shock i can run in the rear. I found some bilstiens 7100's for a decent price but i am clueless to what valving to get.

Old 11-24-2010 | 07:54 AM
Why are you shopping for shocks for the rear only if you have 5100's all the way around?

If I understand what you're asking, coil-overs are not an option for the rear for you...well, maybe not entirely true. You could go with a full blow custom 4-link set up in the rear and then you could (would have to) run coil-overs back there, but you're talking $$thousands$$.

7100's are killer shocks...overkill for the street, but awesome none the less. Remember, with the 7100's you have to deal with valving and the correct length. 7100's don't come "model specific", only custom lengths. You'd have to measure the suspension travel and get the correct extended and collapsed length shock to work. I'd go to a reputable off road shop or Bilstein to get help with the valving. Oh wait...Bilstein has a shock thats already valved for your truck and also valved to match the 5100's on the front...5100's for the rear.

Do you think your shocks are worn out, is that why you're shopping for shocks for the rear?? If yes, then the fronts should be worn out with them.

If you're just wanting a cool remote-resi shock for the rear (and who would blame you), Bilstein has a brand new remote-resi shock out that's for your application. I forgot the number of that new sucker, but look around for it. I'll post it if I find it.

Sorry...just trying to figure out what you want here to help.

Quick Reply: Shock Gurus