Default KING coil-over issue.....need help/advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010 | 05:43 AM
|
KING coil-over issue.....need help/advice

I bought my 05 SCAB a few months ago. The truck came with a set of King coil-overs in the front (not sure whats in the back). Additionally, the truck came with GY Wrangler MT/R kevlar tires (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....FR+with+Kevlar). I have no idea if my main issue is the tires, suspension or both....but, whenever I hit any sort imperfection in the road I feel it, I mean I REALLY feel it. Just tonight, I was driving over a rough icy snow packed road and I felt like my truck was going to rattle apart. It was that bad!!! I cant tell whats going on in the rear as all I can only feel how crappy the front ride is. I know performance shocks are going to be stiffer than OEMS, but man this seems waaaay excessive, almost like I have no dampening at all. I cant believe a $2000 set of coil-overs would offer that crappy of a ride I know the off-road tires are typically made of a denser rubber than most other tire types....and maybe the tires are making my problem worse, or is the source of the problem??? I dunno?? I do know I hate the tires and will be replacing them with Nokian studded tires (I live in Anchorage and the tires I have now are 100% useless). Maybe my ride will soften up after a new set of rubber?? My gut tells me new rubber isn't going to help much.

What should I do?? Is there are problem with the Kings??? At this point I feel the ride is so rough that worry I am causing damage to front end related components. Additionally, I am worried about interior parts shaking loose, causing squeaks, rattles, and other issues. I am seriously debating un-installing the Kings and going with Bilsteins, Fox, or some other a.m. shock. I need your advice/help!!!

Last edited by havhon; 11-26-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-26-2010 | 07:12 AM
is the truck lifted at all? you may not have the best shock for the street, but don't swap them until you try adjusting them. most king sets are adjustable. do you know which model they are? there are several types/models. some are adjustable just by turning a ****, some you use a wrench, etc.

Quick Reply: Default KING coil-over issue.....need help/advice