Rancho Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho Shocks

Alright guys im looking into buying the Rancho 9000 shocks, there is one thing im stuck on though, when i am choosing the one to buy it gives me two options, one for trucks with 0" lift (stock) or trucks with 4" of lift. I have cranked the torsion bars on my truck and put a block in the back to level it out some would this count as being stock seeing as how i didn't change to much of the suspension? or do i need to go with the 4" one? ANY KIND OF FEED BACK WOULD BE GREAT......

Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cranking the torsion bars does not constitute a lift, you still use a stock shock in this scenario. However, a block in the rear does. How big of a block did you add? You should be pretty safe with the 4" lifted shocks for the rear...since the block that comes with a 4" lift is only 2" anyways. Get those.

Why did you add the blocks to the rear? Most people achieve levelness with just the torsion bars. Seems adding blocks would put the rear right back to sitting higher than it was when stock. Every truck is a little different though.

BTW...you should be extremely happy with the 9000's...I love mine!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At rest a shock should sit at 60% compression, at least it should on a street truck. By that logic, if you figure out the travel length of your rear suspension, you should be able to select a shock based on its extended and compressed lengths.

Quick Reply: Rancho Shocks