just installed 5100s in rear

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010 | 10:10 PM
|
just installed 5100s in rear

I finally got the time to get rid of the old procomp shocks that were on my truck. They were clanking around and my truck was riding terrible so I got the rear 5100s from top gun customz. I found not too many dealers carry the bilsteins for lifted F150s. I had a bit of trouble at first getting the bolt out of the old shock bushings, what happened over time is the metal sleeves in the bushing seized up on the bolt. I found it was impossible to get room to beat the bolt out but with a combination of heat, penetrating oil, and leverage I got them all loose. For leverage I found getting the tip of a screwdriver behind the head of the bolt I could pry at them. It still wasn't much fun, so I put a little bit of antiseize over the bolt shafts in case I would need to change the bilsteins out in the future. The truck now rides very quiet and smooth, I will be getting the front struts in the near future!

Old 11-30-2010 | 10:38 PM
Even though everyone here is all for blocks, I am sure there are still some that are smart enough to advised against stacked blocks.

Quick Reply: just installed 5100s in rear