Readylift Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Readylift Question

Hey guys, I was browsing around at leveling kits for my 2002 fx4. I know the only way to level it is to crank tbars or get aftermarket keys....Any way i saw this readylift.... http://www.readylift.com/c-57-ford-f...d-only-25.aspx.

In the description it says it wont add more pressure to the stock suspension components. Is that true? I didnt think it was possible to not add more pressure if you crank the keys.

Another question, if I get a 2in block for the rear and crank my stock torsion keys will it sit level? I have a feeling the rear might sit a bit higher since i dont think i can get 2 inches of lift with stock keys...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Crank the ones you got and chances are you will be happy with the results. Those will indeed put additional stress on on the drivetrain, if they did not they are selling you the same part you already have LOL.

As for the rear, you should already have blocks under there, I would lift the front first see where that gets you and figure out if you need to raise the rear. If so, I am thinking starting with a 3" block would be better. The existing one is already bigger than 2".

Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM
I meant a 4in block, taking the 2inches of the one there and adding 2in, sorry haha, should've explained it a bit better. But thanks for the info, I think ill crank them and see what happends. This is a stupid question, but whats an alignment usually cost?

Originally Posted by mdhawkin
Crank the ones you got and chances are you will be happy with the results. Those will indeed put additional stress on on the drivetrain, if they did not they are selling you the same part you already have LOL.

As for the rear, you should already have blocks under there, I would lift the front first see where that gets you and figure out if you need to raise the rear. If so, I am thinking starting with a 3" block would be better. The existing one is already bigger than 2".

Old 12-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by speedyturtle
I meant a 4in block, taking the 2inches of the one there and adding 2in, sorry haha, should've explained it a bit better. But thanks for the info, I think ill crank them and see what happends. This is a stupid question, but whats an alignment usually cost?
I would NOT stack block if possible, just get a full 4" block if thats what you want. As for cost of alignment, it varies from place to place but I would say $50-70 should cover it.

Quick Reply: Readylift Question