FINALLY got my 37s on

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mote88
yea i understand tht the bilstien wouldnt help but just looks better and rides better....guess after i get gears put in a couple weeks i will get a body lift or coilovers idk which one though
For that purpose they will do exactly want you want. If anything I would do the body lift especially if you go ahead and purchase the Bilsteins.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you add any more suspension lift to the front then you will start having issues with your ball joints and cv's. 2.5" is the most I would push. Even if you were to get the coil overs and crank them it wouldn't be serving the purpose you want it for. In order to not cause horrible angles you would only be able to crank them to achieve an additional 2.5" of lift which would put you back where you are now.

What offset wheel do you have? I had a -25mm offset 11" wide wheel and didn't have any rubbing with the 37x13 Kumho's. I know the Toyo's are a little wider, but not by much. The new owner put the Bilstein's on it and now has minor rubbing, but think it's only when he turns and hits a bump at the same time.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Looks great!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by HighOn22's
If you add any more suspension lift to the front then you will start having issues with your ball joints and cv's. 2.5" is the most I would push. Even if you were to get the coil overs and crank them it wouldn't be serving the purpose you want it for. In order to not cause horrible angles you would only be able to crank them to achieve an additional 2.5" of lift which would put you back where you are now.

What offset wheel do you have? I had a -25mm offset 11" wide wheel and didn't have any rubbing with the 37x13 Kumho's. I know the Toyo's are a little wider, but not by much. The new owner put the Bilstein's on it and now has minor rubbing, but think it's only when he turns and hits a bump at the same time.
Yeah the only time it will rub is when backing out of the driveway or on an incline at full lock. Wont rub at all on flat ground. Sittin at 8in all the way around. 6in sus 2in Bilsteins. Rides VERY good for a lifted truck!

Old 01-03-2011, 11:36 AM
looks good

Quick Reply: FINALLY got my 37s on