pro comp 6'' installment actually time to instal

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011 | 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Shooter-MMA
Took me about 12-14 hours doing it by myself. Dropping and installing the front differential by yourself is no fun
Sure right about that one

Old 01-17-2011 | 02:30 PM
|
Originally Posted by 1santacruz1
This is great advice, although trailering it would be wiser. I drove mine 2 miles to have it aligned and had to drive in the the ditch the whole way. The tires on the asphalt were throwing the truck all over the place. I honestly couldn't have made it any further than I did and I am thankful that I did no damage to my new tires.

I am sure others may have had better experiences, but you never know until your lift is completed.
yeah thats what i am worried about but -- i posted this on another post but my buddy wants to know what goes from the stock knuckle to the pro comp knuckle besides the OE bolt? anything else?

Old 01-17-2011 | 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by lomo2surf
yeah thats what i am worried about but -- i posted this on another post but my buddy wants to know what goes from the stock knuckle to the pro comp knuckle besides the OE bolt? anything else?
everything from the factory spindle comes off and goes on to the new pro comp spindle. i believe its just the center section that has your lug nuts that comes off and gets put on your new spindle.

Old 01-18-2011 | 08:33 PM
|
just wondering what spacer most of u used for the pro comp kit on ur truck? the 1/2 or 3/4? so that way it saves me time

Old 01-19-2011 | 06:02 PM
|
^bump for help!

Quick Reply: pro comp 6'' installment actually time to instal