Leveling kit question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Dyl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling kit question...

Are tuff country leveling kits a good brand?

Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
ive heard good things about them

Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 PM
hane'nt heard any bad reports,,i think with the tuff country your gonna need a compressor for your struts,,check out the autospring,,i think it's the best kit,, that's what i have and no complaints,,,,

Old 01-12-2011, 09:17 PM
IMO, Autospring is the way to go. The AS kits are substantially cheaper and don't require strut compression. They simply bolt on top of the struts. (Although, I'm pretty sure the Tuff Country kit doesn't require it either.) The AS kits also have an offset to prevent any potential rubbing of the UCA and coil springs. They have powder-coated options available if you live in a rust prone region.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most of the leveling kits are virtually identical except for price. It's a simple product and is hard to screw up. But apparantly it's easy to sell them for way, way more than they are worth.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by UNC Lariat
IMO, Autospring is the way to go. The AS kits are substantially cheaper and don't require strut compression. They simply bolt on top of the struts. (Although, I'm pretty sure the Tuff Country kit doesn't require it either.) The AS kits also have an offset to prevent any potential rubbing of the UCA and coil springs. They have powder-coated options available if you live in a rust prone region.
Agree, as for the powder coat, I say get it reguardless of where you live, hell its only $10 more. The other kit I like that I think is built good and priced right is the one by HBS (hell bent steel).

Old 01-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by mdhawkin
Agree, as for the powder coat, I say get it reguardless of where you live, hell its only $10 more. The other kit I like that I think is built good and priced right is the one by HBS (hell bent steel).
Good point. I live in NC and got the powder coat. It should hold up substantially longer.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit question...