Might Get This Truck In A Trade

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might Get This Truck In A Trade

What do yall think ? To make this suspension worthy. What do you think this size lift is ? lol

Just Added

Last edited by mhockey9090; 07-05-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I would be skeptical about getting a truck with that much custom work done to it unless you know the guy who did the work and trust him. Even if the work is structurally sound there are bound to be kinks/problems like there is with most custom work that extensive which may be the reason the guy wants to get rid of it instead of working them out. May not be the case at all, but just be sure to go over it THOROUGHLY.

I WANT those seats with the armrest! I have the same color leather lariat seats in mine, but they don't have the armrest and I'm not nearly wide/fat enough to use bot the door and center console as armrests at the same time so I usually end up resting one elbow on my knee.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Woods-Rider
I would be skeptical about getting a truck with that much custom work done to it unless you know the guy who did the work and trust him. Even if the work is structurally sound there are bound to be kinks/problems like there is with most custom work that extensive which may be the reason the guy wants to get rid of it instead of working them out. May not be the case at all, but just be sure to go over it THOROUGHLY.

I WANT those seats with the armrest! I have the same color leather lariat seats in mine, but they don't have the armrest and I'm not nearly wide/fat enough to use bot the door and center console as armrests at the same time so I usually end up resting one elbow on my knee.
Yah that goes for anyone buying a used vehicle but as for me i dont have the time to try the truck out myself. I can have other members here help me as well as my wife drive the truck and let me know. Buying a truck this big and having a few minor things that i would have to change and or work out would be a whole lot cheaper than me ripping apart my suspension and having to start fresh or let alone finish what i started. He said its been a street truck its whole life with about 74k on it. Its also a 6.0L and i just found out its a 30inch suspension lift.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:53 AM
if it all looks good then i say go for it. i really like it. i would take those heavy *** military's off it though and run 47 inch ltbs, 49 inch iroks, or 46 inch baja claws. that would give it a little more clearance too since i think those are the 52-54inch military's aren't they?

Old 07-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
if it all looks good then i say go for it. i really like it. i would take those heavy *** military's off it though and run 47 inch ltbs, 49 inch iroks, or 46 inch baja claws. that would give it a little more clearance too since i think those are the 52-54inch military's aren't they?
The interior looks great in it too. I was thinking the same thing about dropping down too something smaller and lighter like 46 baja claws or 49inch iroks which look sexy. Yes those are 52inch military tires.

I just added 3 more pictures.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Truck appears to be in great shape. I would have someone who's very familiar with custom lifts take a look at it. You have to remmember that a diesel truck has a lot more torque than a gas so what may have worked on the F-150 may ail on an F-250. Just my opinion.

I personally wouldn't want anything this big. I'm very satisfied with a 7" lift and 37's. Anything bigger and it'll start to be a pain getting into places.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by HighOn22's
Truck appears to be in great shape. I would have someone who's very familiar with custom lifts take a look at it. You have to remmember that a diesel truck has a lot more torque than a gas so what may have worked on the F-150 may ail on an F-250. Just my opinion.

I personally wouldn't want anything this big. I'm very satisfied with a 7" lift and 37's. Anything bigger and it'll start to be a pain getting into places.
Im gonna try to have a few ppl I know go look at it or atleast drive it for me. It looks to be in awesome shape as well. I'm not worried about the difference in the truck as I'll get used to it very quickly. I deff won't be driving it any different than my truck due to how much bigger it is. I deff won't mud this thing. My plan is to buy another truck after this one to have as a DD and to trailer this one.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Don't hit a speed bump, or you'll rip a bedside off.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Don't hit a speed bump, or you'll rip a bedside off.
I was just thinking the same thing. If you love it, go for it, but that's too much tire for that lift, and that thing is just too damn big for my tastes. I guess it'd be fun for a weekend toy that gets driven a few times a month.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Drop the lift down to where 44"+ tires look good and that thing would be beast.
And I'm sure those 52" tires go for a pretty penny.
Or better yet, add some lift and go to 54" boggers

Last edited by russo2; 07-06-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by russo2
Drop the lift down to where 44"+ tires look good and that thing would be beast.
And I'm sure those 52" tires go for a pretty penny.
Or better yet, add some lift and go to 54" boggers
im pretty sure those 52's are like the other military tires in price but a little more. they can be had for like $800 or less for a whole set.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
at first I thought you were kidding lol. The inside looks nice. but the fact that he lets his dog sit inside isnt that comforting.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
im pretty sure those 52's are like the other military tires in price but a little more. they can be had for like $800 or less for a whole set.
yeah i found a website that says them for $250 a peice brand new but ive seen cheaper. Its nice to get a tire that big cheap but they dont look good and are heavy as heck.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by hardrock3742
at first I thought you were kidding lol. The inside looks nice. but the fact that he lets his dog sit inside isnt that comforting.
why not? My dog takes a ride all the time in my truck and ill be taking her along for a ride the second i get back.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Curious as to what u are trading for it? Or are u a dealer that may take it in on a new truck?

Quick Reply: Might Get This Truck In A Trade