Has anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Has anyone done this?

I've been trying to get my truck level for a while now and had no luck. I put a 3" leveling kit on a while back and my front end still sits an inch lower than the rear.
So I was thinking about taking the 2" rear block out and replacing it with a 1" block to level it out. Has this been done or is it recommended?
I haven't tryed replacing the front coil-overs yet because I don't want to drop $350 on a new pair and realize they didn't level it out either.
I know my current coil-overs are the 4wd version, but I'm starting to think the spring itself is worn out. Any help will be appreciated

Old 07-14-2011, 05:25 PM
You certainly can replace the rear blocks with shorter ones. Less axle wrap and safer all around. Just make sure that you use actual axle blocks. They have a slight angle built in to keep your pinion angle correct.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm thinking about just replacing my front coil-overs because I highly doubt they have ever been replaced since the truck rolled off the line.
I'm thinking about using Monroe coil-overs off ebay, hoping that will solve the leveling problem. I might even put rancho shocks on the rear.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM
I know on the 04 / 05 models it did take a little more to level it out but if you are still 1" low after a 3" kit you have something else going on. I suspect some serious suspension settling, so yea you should look into replacing your coilovers, once you do that drop back to a 2 - 2.5" kit.